Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old Today, 03:30 PM   #1
caseym54
caseym54 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 10G
Can't directly select Book description text

It used to be in version 6.28 that I could use standard mouse operations to selected text in the book description window for pasting elsewhere.

Then I upgraded to 7.16, Now I can copy ALL the details, but attempting to select a section of the details with a mouse does nothing. If I open the book details in a separate window I can select text, but not in the main calibre window.

Is there some new setting I am missing?
caseym54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:06 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Hold your face differently and try again
W10, I just started to the Left of the first letter and it worked. It does seem to need some precision (and the boundary to the other metadata is not exactly obvious)

Last edited by theducks; Today at 04:07 PM. Reason: changed from Cover to Metadata
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 04:17 PM   #3
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Works for me, tried just now.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 04:20 PM   #4
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
↑↑↑ Ditto. See attached image.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-07-31 131914.png
Views:	5
Size:	235.8 KB
ID:	209869  
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote