Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book General > Deals and Resources (No Self-Promotion or Affiliate Links)

Notices

Old 10-28-2014, 02:19 AM   #1
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Kindle D01100 (Black, Non-Touch) at Staples

For those who may still be looking for the old, black Kindle Basics, Staples is showing them in stock again -- still at $69.

They also have the 2GB Paperwhites on sale again for $99. I'm guessing these are 2nd Generation, but I can't guarantee that. (I wonder, should the 4GB Paperwhites be called "3rd Generation?" Or, perhaps, since only the memory changed, "Generation 2.5?")

I tested putting both items in a cart and they were successfully added. Can't guarantee it will stay that way.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2014, 09:21 AM   #2
luvhilndr
Connoisseur
luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.luvhilndr is faster than slow light.

Device: Kobo H2O, Kindle Voyage
I ordered one of those $99 Paperwhites from Staples. Although it says 2Gb on their website, mine had 4Gb. I say had, because unfortunately it's going back today. The shadows & light blobs at the bottom were the worst I've ever seen on the newer Paperwhites. Three strikes and the idea of having a Paperwhite is out. I'll stick with my baby Kindle, along with my Kobo H2O and Calibre for now.
luvhilndr is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 10-29-2014, 01:58 AM   #3
rcentros
eReader Wrangler
rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.rcentros ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB HD3, GL3, Tolino Vision 4, Voyage, Clara HD
Quote:
Originally Posted by luvhilndr View Post
I ordered one of those $99 Paperwhites from Staples. Although it says 2Gb on their website, mine had 4Gb. I say had, because unfortunately it's going back today. The shadows & light blobs at the bottom were the worst I've ever seen on the newer Paperwhites. Three strikes and the idea of having a Paperwhite is out. I'll stick with my baby Kindle, along with my Kobo H2O and Calibre for now.
Sorry to hear that. I was working my way up to maybe trying out a Paperwhite, but all the talk about inconsistent and poor screens with the Voyage and Paperwhite makes me leery.
rcentros is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2014, 08:40 AM   #4
KimberlyFDR
Groupie
KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KimberlyFDR ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Paperwhite, Fire 7, Fire HD 6, FireStick, Echo, Echo Dot, Echo Connect
Quote:
Originally Posted by rcentros View Post
Sorry to hear that. I was working my way up to maybe trying out a Paperwhite, but all the talk about inconsistent and poor screens with the Voyage and Paperwhite makes me leery.
This is where I'm at, too. My Kindle 4 is starting to skip pages during page turns, but since I've had it since 2011 I was thinking of upgrading to a Paperwhite if they went on sale during Black Friday. However, I keep hearing of screen inconsistencies even at this point, which make me wary of trying them out
KimberlyFDR is offline   Reply With Quote