Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 06-29-2010, 04:19 AM   #1
al1972
Enthusiast
al1972 began at the beginning.

Device: DR800SG, IPad
Question Can I edit metadata of my books right on the device?

I have one question...Can I edit metadata of my books collection right on the device without adding anything to the Library? I have quite large collection of e-books (fb2, epub, pdf) and they all placed into folders (like, History, Thrillers, Novels, Sci-Fi, etc). I do not need any additional systematization, but some edition of covers, basically. How can I do that?
al1972 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2010, 04:59 AM   #2
DoctorOhh
US Navy, Retired
DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DoctorOhh ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Icarus Illumina XL HD, Nexus 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by al1972 View Post
I have one question...Can I edit metadata of my books collection right on the device without adding anything to the Library? I have quite large collection of e-books (fb2, epub, pdf) and they all placed into folders (like, History, Thrillers, Novels, Sci-Fi, etc). I do not need any additional systematization, but some edition of covers, basically. How can I do that?

No, all metadata adding is done in the calibre library.

You might want to look at the Command Line Interface (CLI) to see if any of the tools available, such as ebook-meta, will do what you need.

Last edited by DoctorOhh; 06-29-2010 at 05:02 AM.
DoctorOhh is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert