Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 02-26-2009, 06:21 PM   #1
krunkster
krunkster began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Picture Viewer Justification

It seems that going into fullscreen mode on the Kindle 2, forces left side justification. The anchor point is ignored. If I disable full screen then the image is centered on the screen.
The images are all full height, but some are not a full 600 pixels in length.
These are manga pages btw.

Does anyone know how to center the images in full screen?
Or do I have to pad each of my images?
krunkster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:28 PM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
What are you using to make the ebooks?

An easy way to accomplish this would be to make an HTML file with links to the images. Open the HTML file in say Word. Select all, and change the justification to center.

I don't know that this will work.
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-26-2009, 06:28 PM   #3
stevenmoy
Zealot
stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
full screen mode in image viewer in kindle 2 is really broken. The images are not able to automatically centered. hopefully, the devs will be able to fix it soon.
stevenmoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 06:30 PM   #4
stevenmoy
Zealot
stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.stevenmoy has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2
i think the image viewer is neat that you don't need any ebook knowledge to just browse pictures. they (*.jpg, *.gif, *.png) are so readily available in people digital shoeboxes that no ebook creation is needed.
stevenmoy is offline   Reply With Quote