Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 01-23-2009, 07:00 PM   #1
Octochick
Zealot
Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle
Talking Design Your Own Skins!

I designed a skin for my Kindle at my tego and overall I am pretty happy with it.

My only criticism is the color is a little off and not as rich as the original and the type on the labels is a little large. Unlike the skin I had from decal girl it has less pieces which I found easier to put on and it also looks better (notice the piece the covers the key board runs all the way up the second bar and the top as one, this is 3 separate pieces with DG). I do know a few people got theirs with missing pieces, I am sure they would redo it, their customer service seems pretty good. What I love about it, is no one else out there has my design! It also took a little while but I ordered over
the holiday, they made some changes to the back design to allow for the battery and they are in Canada, I think.

Oh and here is promo code I found for free shipping, RFD72490203
hopefully it still works.
Octochick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2009, 07:07 PM   #2
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
that is really beautiful ! i love the way you created a screensaver that is coordinated. really lovely. where did you get the image(s) ?
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-23-2009, 08:01 PM   #3
Octochick
Zealot
Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.Octochick has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

They are scanned from a set of vintage prints.

Last edited by Octochick; 01-30-2009 at 08:04 AM.
Old 01-23-2009, 10:44 PM   #4
Kindleist
Kindleist began at the beginning.

Device: Amazon Kindle
Wow that's pretty cool, how long did it take to design? and was it hard to apply the skin to your Kindle?
Kindleist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2009, 06:20 PM   #5
Kindlela
Kindlela began at the beginning.

Device: Kindles
That is really pretty
Kindlela is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2009, 06:49 AM   #6
hanasea
Enthusiast
hanasea began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle, iPod Touch
Oh, It's awesome
hanasea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 03:54 PM   #7
skytalon
skytalon began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Wow that is soo pretty! I wish i could have a copy of that.
skytalon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2009, 04:01 PM   #8
lilac_jive
Grand Sorcerer
lilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud oflilac_jive has much to be proud of

Device: PRS-505
That is coolness overload right there.
lilac_jive is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2009, 11:49 AM   #9
pshrynk
Beepbeep n beebeep, yeah!
pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pshrynk ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iThingie, KmkII, I miss Zelda!
I love tego!
Click image for larger version

Name:	img018.jpg
Views:	288
Size:	35.0 KB
ID:	22109

Click image for larger version

Name:	img017.jpg
Views:	283
Size:	34.1 KB
ID:	22110
pshrynk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2009, 08:06 AM   #10
Octochick
Zealot

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kindleist View Post
Wow that's pretty cool, how long did it take to design? and was it hard to apply the skin to your Kindle?
It did not take long, the site makes it pretty easy. They are also easy to apply, you can lift them up and reapply if you make a mistake.
Old 02-01-2009, 12:32 PM   #11
Alisa
Gadget Geek
Alisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongueAlisa can tie a knot in a cherry stem with his or her tongue

Device: Paperwhite, Kindle 3 (retired), Skindle 1.2 (retired)
Gorgeous!
Alisa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 01:15 AM   #12
Meemo
Groupie
Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Meemo ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis (1st & 2nd gen) & a Paperwhite
Well, shoot. I never thought I wanted a skin until I saw this one ... now I'm reconsidering my position. That really is quite lovely.
Meemo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 04:06 AM   #13
Argent009
www.kindle2hacks.com
Argent009 began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS-501/Kindle 2
I used them to skin my laptop, they do a really good job! Now I want to skin my PRS-505 (don't have a Kindle yet).
Argent009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 02:55 PM   #14
Panjo
Panjo began at the beginning.

I'm eagerly awaiting my Tego skin- it should arrive any day now! It was easy to design, they have a ton of beautiful artwork already on their site for you to use if you don't want to upload one of your own. i didn't realize this at first and I'm so glad I went back and played around. Here's what mine will look like:
Panjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2009, 03:57 PM   #15
Dragoro
Lovecraft Fan
Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Dragoro ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2, Kindle Touch
Wow that is bright!! That wont distract ya while reading?
Dragoro is offline   Reply With Quote