Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Conversion

Notices

Old 04-17-2020, 05:58 AM   #1
montechristos
Enthusiast
montechristos began at the beginning.

Device: Boox Note 2 (from Kindle Voyage)
Post Send to Kindle functionality in Calibre server

Hi all,

I am new to Calibre server, so please excuse if I am asking something already discussed.

I am looking for a nice and easy way to send WEB articles to my e-book reader (Boox Note 2). I had a KV before and was using extensively the 'send to kindle' functionality. I am missing this very much. (even though I don't like Amazon knowing what I read)

So I am wondering if Calibre (through its server functionality) can do something similar:
- I read an web article on my browser.
- I use an extension that sends the URL to my Calibre server
- Calibre server converts it to a book
Options:
1) Adds it to my library, so when I connect my reader I can download it
2) Starts downloading the file from my browser immediately (so, if I am in my reader already, it downloads it on my device's download folder)

Thanks for your inputs
montechristos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 06:02 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
calibre (and therefore its server) has no ability to convert arbitrary web sites to ebooks. There are various services that do this with varying success though, use one of them and add the resulting ebook to the server using either its AJAX API directly or via calibredb connected to the server.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2020, 07:03 AM   #3
montechristos
Enthusiast

Pity. Would have been a great improvement.
Would you have an example of these services?
Old 04-17-2020, 08:01 AM   #4
Deskisamess
Wizard
Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Deskisamess ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 7+, iPad mini, 2021 iPad Pro 12.9",Paperwhite 6.8"
Pocket and Instapaper spring to mind.
Deskisamess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 08:21 AM   #5
montechristos
Enthusiast

Thanks, I will explore
Advert