Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 06-26-2010, 05:45 AM   #1
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Three good things that happened today

OK! Now I know we all have to vent and rant occasionally. And we feel the need to spread the misery around.

How about we spread some joy and share the good things that happen to us? I will start...

Everyone was very friendly to me at the gym today.
We had a nice amicable ride over to the shops to get eggs.
I cooked a lovely dinner that worked well and we both enjoyed

Not too hard was it? I am sure that others will have stories of spectacular successes. I would like to see everyone sharing their good stuff.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 08:36 AM   #2
tulsa
Zealot
tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.tulsa has a complete set of Star Wars action figures.

Device: Kindle 2, Sony PRS 900
Here are three good things that happened yesterday, since this morning has just begun!

1> My oldest daughter's ear infection is gone!
2> We had an awesome birthday party!
3> I found out that a good friend of mine is going to be working down the hall from me!

tulsa is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2010, 09:29 AM   #3
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Here's my three

- Ditto with the gym
- I was complimented on how good my Martini's are (I make them like Winston Churchill did)
- I still have a job
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 09:31 AM   #4
zelda_pinwheel
zeldinha zippy zeldissima
zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.zelda_pinwheel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: eb1150 & is that a nook in her pocket, or she just happy to see you?
Three good things today :
- sneaky snake started this excellent thread.
- the sun is shining and it is warm and actually feels like summer, so i can wear a sundress and no socks.
- last night i went to a concert with a friend which was great, and tonight i'm going to the Love Bomb party where there will be more concerts and circus performances and many other friends.
zelda_pinwheel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 12:51 PM   #5
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Three good things as of so far:

All my children made it through another night.
My coffee came out perfect.
I got to make fun of kenny right away.

It is going to be a good day.
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-26-2010, 01:01 PM   #6
poohbear_nc
Now what?
poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.poohbear_nc ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Every Kindle Ever Made & To Be Made!
For me:

1. Slept in on Saturday
2. Took baby Goldie kitty in for shots & check-up -- no problems there!
3. Folk are reading my serialized MR western - and liking it - I've never been a published author before. (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=83427&page=40 - starts at post 593).

Great idea for a thread SS!

Last edited by poohbear_nc; 06-26-2010 at 02:15 PM.
poohbear_nc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 01:34 PM   #7
Greg Anos
Grand Sorcerer
Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Greg Anos ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocketbook
1. I completed the last night of 6-PM to # Am coverage, I can now slepp at normal hours again.

2. Waterlilies are blooming. Colorado is a great cultuvar.

3. John Dalmas gave me a copy of his latest work (a piece of historical fiction, not yet released) to read and evaluate. I am immensely flattered.
Greg Anos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 01:34 PM   #8
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
For me:

1. Slept in on Saturday
3. Folk are reading my serialized MR western - and liking it - I've never been a published author before.

where is it!?
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2010, 04:34 PM   #9
kindlekitten
Professional Adventuress
kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kindlekitten ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Olympic Peninsula on the OTHER Washington! (the big green clean one on the west coast!)
Device: Kindle, the original! Times Two! and gifting an International Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by poohbear_nc View Post
For me:

1. Slept in on Saturday
3. Folk are reading my serialized MR western - and liking it - I've never been a published author before. (https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...=83427&page=40 - starts at post 593).

very awesome Pooh! I'm not sure why badgooddeb and I always end up in a tussle though!
kindlekitten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 02:02 AM   #10
SneakySnake
I'm watching you!
SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.SneakySnake ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS-900(unused lately) iPadAir2, want me Kindle Oasis
Three things today Well it was pretty ordinary and boring..

1. I got some work done today (not focusing on what stuffed up)
2. Did not have any big fights with bloke.
3. Nothing really bad happened.
SneakySnake is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 02:32 AM   #11
Javed
Grand Sorcerer
Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Javed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Astak Pocket PRO, iPod Touch, PRS-650
  1. Slept in.
  2. Had relaxing day.
  3. Had nice phone call from my father.
Javed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 02:43 AM   #12
happy_terd
Banned
happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.happy_terd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS 420
Three good things:

1 Got to eat a whole bag of chicken without sharing.
2 Got some chores around the house done
3 Got to spend some time with the kids
happy_terd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 08:35 AM   #13
omk3
Wizard
omk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five wordsomk3 can name that ebook in five words

Device: pocketbook 360, kindle 4
- I made some progress in the latest pdurrant's puzzle
- Moejoe will be publishing new stories!
- I finally finished some boring work yesterday, so that today I do have some little free time at last.
omk3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 08:46 AM   #14
WT Sharpe
Bah, humbug!
WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.WT Sharpe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Oasis, iPad Pro, & a Samsung Galaxy S9.
The day has just begun, but the coffee was wonderful, the tomato picked from the garden looks good, and MobileRead is still on the job.

Yesterday my daughter came to visit, Norton's baby-oil rubdown seemed to do wonders for his dry skin (probably from too many dips in the pool), and the fellow who installed our house windows returned and re-did his work to the satisfaction of my wife.

In addition to the above, I continue to be married to one of the biggest-hearted women on the planet.
WT Sharpe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2010, 09:24 AM   #15
montsnmags
Grand Sorcerer
montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.montsnmags ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I try to avoid positive-affirmation threads like this. The specifications currently attached to my life are significantly better, I am fortunate to say, than average, and I should feel "happy" (and a lot of the time I do). I hate affirming these things because of the intense imbalance between the objective positive nature of my current life, and the farking misery and frustration and anger and hatred and deep, drowning melancholy that hits suddenly on the most featherweight of triggers and inspires a need to abandon it all and set myself permanently adrift. It feels so much like failure and dogged disappointment. Inexcusable.

But sometimes other things, drifting, drag themselves into view or flow past my skin like a coastal summer breeze. Sometimes that thing is simply...a coastal summer breeze. I cannot obtain focus on complex joy or rich contentment. But I can hold a simple summer breeze inside my view and feel, even if momentarily...calm; real.

Last night, this morning, too much thought, too much ruction, too much of a feeling of repeat of past bad experiences, an environment that feels... broken... unfixable... deja vu of the same destructive mess being imminent... this had me down in the drowneds, looking to log off from it all again.

Those things come along though. I am not better, but I have three things:

Today I walked on the sand, under a warm, winter sun, and felt the water around my feet from waves running up a shore and the fast flow at the rivermouth on the outgoing tide. It feels real.

Today The Loved One tried to make honeycomb candy. It didn't quite work, and so we had this lovely-but-burnt-bitter candy, still dipped in chocolate, tasting pleasantly of the sweet promise of future attempts

Today my stoic fella, Oscar the Airedale Terrier, was disguising a limp such that it was barely seen, acting the fool as always, but slowly. I checked, and removed one of the large, spiky, hurty seed-burrs they often pick up on walks and which sting like a mongrel when you prick yourself when trying to untangle them, from between the pads of his left, front paw. He bounced out to The Loved One like a typical three year old. Which is nice, seeing as he's actually eleven-and-a-half.

I will not post more in this thread. I've said my bit, a bit too much, and space is needed for more threes. These are just silly things that matter, when other stuff that shouldn't matters too much. I wanted to say it so I can look tomorrow and see if it reminds me, and signifies.

It is a good thread. Everyone should do it. It can't hurt, right?

Cheers,
Marc
montsnmags is offline   Reply With Quote