Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices

Notices

Old Today, 08:57 AM   #1
eluyasa
eluyasa began at the beginning.

Device: Lenovo M8 HD, Samsung Galaxy M32
I am looking for an Android ePub Reader with certain characteristics.

It should be lightweight, be able to read local files, respect book css and have an intuitive design, and be regularly developed.

Before you respond, note that these are the ones I have tried:
Play Books, Kindle: My preferred choices, but they both require uploading/sending ePub files and then downloading them again.
Kobo Books: Not lightweight at all. Very slow.
Readera, Moon+ Reader, eBoox, eReader Prestigio, Librera, FBReader: Do not respect book/publisher css.
Lithium: Does all the above but isn't developed. Also slow.
Aldiko (now Cantook): Does all the above but a bug (long lines like urls do not get cut off at the end of the screen so they go into the next page and cover the text on it; see attachment) that I have reported since 2 years has not been fixed. Also, can't zoom in on images.
KOReader: weird and not intuitive design, also, didn't seem to correctly detect the screen size of my device, as text went off screen
Pocketbook seems to be decent but it needs a lot of customization to be good. I'd like something that works right off.
Something like an Android equivalent to Apple Books. Or, Play Books but it doesn't require upload.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	aldiko.jpg
Views:	14
Size:	190.6 KB
ID:	209509  
eluyasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:11 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Have you tried BookFusion? I use the iOS version.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 11:48 AM   #3
eluyasa
eluyasa began at the beginning.

Device: Lenovo M8 HD, Samsung Galaxy M32
Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
Have you tried BookFusion? I use the iOS version.
I have tried it some years ago. But I remember that it requires a login, and it only allows up to 6 books for a free account. Further, deleting the account was a tedious process involving mailing them, which I do not like.

The ones I now use, Kindle and Play Books, also require accounts, but they also provide a much larger library space and sync.

I know I did not include that I should not require account registration, but I don't want something like BookFusion.
eluyasa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:55 PM   #4
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Pocketbook app. Don't tick "spam me" option at install. No account needed.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
aldiko, android, apps, css, epub