Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Onyx Boox

Notices

Old 09-12-2015, 06:50 AM   #1
bobodude
Connoisseur
bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.bobodude ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: BooX M96
Onyx M96/i86 USB Tethering - Raspberry Pi

Hi,

i have recently started looking into rapsberry Pi's,

and would like to connect one to an e-reader (e-reader working as screen), either kindle dx(g) or an onyx M96 or i86,

for the onyx's, and android devices in general, I believe usb tethering must be available to do this,

does anyone know if the M96 or i86 have this function (I can't seem to find it ...)

And has anyone tried doing this ?

Thanks!!

Last edited by bobodude; 09-13-2015 at 07:38 AM.
bobodude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2016, 06:38 AM   #2
franzli
Addict
franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.franzli ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nook Simple Touch, Onyx Boox T68 Plus
I don't have the links handy right now, but remember reading methods using vnc or even the x-server (?) with kindles for just this purpose. One such project was the "kindleberry pi", and i suspect it should be possible to adapt the methods used there.
I might want to try the same at some point actually, so happy to heat about experiences (and will share myself if/when i get to it).

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk
franzli is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert