Go Back   MobileRead Forums > Miscellaneous > Lounge

Notices

Old 05-20-2009, 08:10 AM   #1
kurochka
your neighbor
kurochka began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-500 lost (if you found it, I hope you enjoy it); DX on preorder
Smile A couple of questions about this forum

I have posted a new post in the main forums asking for business plan ideas for a digitization project. I spent some time thinking and writing the post. Now, it is gone and there is no trace of what happened, which leads me to the questions:

1. Are there some rules that I may have inadvertently violated?
2. Are the posts pre-moderated?
3. Are you notified automatically or otherwise when your posts are deleted?
4. Are there automatic "spam" filters deleting the posts (I had a phrase "from hobby to full time work" in the name of the thread).
5. Is there someone I could ask directly about what happened?
6. Are the forum owners/sponsors, etc. for some reason against such posts as mine?

Just want to get a handle on this, not to stir anything up. If this forum is not the place for my questions, I'd appreciate someone saying so and pointing me to the right place.
kurochka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 08:35 AM   #2
Nate the great
Sir Penguin of Edinburgh
Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Nate the great ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Shake a stick plus 1
Was it this thread?
https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sho...188#post464188
Nate the great is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2009, 09:22 AM   #3
kurochka
your neighbor

Wierd. Right after I posted it, it was there. A couple of hours later, it was gone and I could not even find it by searching my handle. Now I can see it too. So,please disregard this post, there are better things to read
Old 05-20-2009, 09:56 AM   #4
GeoffC
Chocolate Grasshopper ...
GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.GeoffC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Muse HD , Cybook Gen3 , Pocketbook 302 (Black) , Nexus 10: wife has PW
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurochka View Post
I have posted a new post in the main forums asking for business plan ideas for a digitization project. I spent some time thinking and writing the post. Now, it is gone and there is no trace of what happened, which leads me to the questions:

1. Are there some rules that I may have inadvertently violated?
2. Are the posts pre-moderated?
3. Are you notified automatically or otherwise when your posts are deleted?
4. Are there automatic "spam" filters deleting the posts (I had a phrase "from hobby to full time work" in the name of the thread).
5. Is there someone I could ask directly about what happened?
6. Are the forum owners/sponsors, etc. for some reason against such posts as mine?

Just want to get a handle on this, not to stir anything up. If this forum is not the place for my questions, I'd appreciate someone saying so and pointing me to the right place.

mmmmm, I counted 6 questions, there ....
GeoffC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2009, 10:02 AM   #5
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by kurochka View Post
Wierd. Right after I posted it, it was there. A couple of hours later, it was gone and I could not even find it by searching my handle. Now I can see it too. So,please disregard this post, there are better things to read
If you click on "new posts" at the top of this page, it will give you some options.

One is "your posts" Clicking on that will show you all the posts you've made, starting with the most recent.......
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 05-20-2009, 11:14 AM   #6
kurochka
your neighbor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeoffC View Post
mmmmm, I counted 6 questions, there ....
Well, I did say, "questions" And I did not take a lot of time to think. Otherwise, I could have come up with more.