Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 12-20-2020, 06:43 AM   #1
marp68
Addict
marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Device: Kobo Clara HD
Reinstalled OS, now can't install DRM plugin

Have done a complete reinstallation of Windows 10 on a new SSD. The I downloaded and installed the latest Calibre. Finally I imported back all data I had exported before reinstalling Windows. It seems to work well. I can open books, all personal ajustments are there, like My Shelves, my tags etc, reading settings, notations etc. I can also attach my Kobo and transfer without any problem.

But when I was going to install an unofficial plugin again, I got an error message. Does anyone know what went wrong?

"
calibre, version 5.7.2
FEL: Ohanterat undantag: <b>SyntaxError</b>:invalid syntax (calibre_plugins.dedrm.__init__, line 140)

calibre 5.7.2 [64bit] embedded-python: True is64bit: True
Windows-10-10.0.19041 Windows ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
('Windows', '10', '10.0.19041')
Python 3.8.5
Windows: ('10', '10.0.19041', '', 'Multiprocessor Free')
Interface language: sv
Successfully initialized third party plugins: Annotations (1, 8, 0) && Kobo Utilities (2, 6, 0)
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\preferences\plugins.py", line 317, in add_plugin
File "calibre\customize\ui.py", line 472, in add_plugin
File "calibre\customize\ui.py", line 61, in load_plugin
File "calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 293, in load
File "importlib\__init__.py", line 127, in import_module
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 1014, in _gcd_import
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 991, in _find_and_load
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 975, in _find_and_load_unlocked
File "<frozen importlib._bootstrap>", line 671, in _load_unlocked
File "calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 185, in exec_module
File "calibre\customize\zipplugin.py", line 181, in get_code
File "calibre_plugins.dedrm.__init__", line 140
print u"{0} v{1}: Copying needed library files from plugin's zip".format(PLUGIN_NAME, PLUGIN_VERSION)
^
SyntaxError: invalid syntax"

It's the DeDRM_tools_6.3.4a plugin

marp68 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2020, 06:56 AM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
That version of the DRM tools is not compatible with calibre 5.x. You need to get an updated version.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2020, 07:03 AM   #3
marp68
Addict
marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.marp68 substituted for the Southern Oracle when it was on vacation.

Aha, thanks.

There is only one more update from 2016. So would I have to install an earlier Calibre or do you perhaps know of any other DeDRM tools that works with the latest Calibre?

EDIT: I use it dor ADE books

Last edited by marp68; 12-20-2020 at 07:06 AM.
Old 12-20-2020, 07:09 AM   #4
marp68
Addict

Found this one and installed it. Will see how it works

DeDRM_plugin_7.0.0b4.zip
Old 12-20-2020, 07:19 AM   #5
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
It should. There is also a stickied thread for discussing exactly this problem.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-20-2020, 10:26 AM   #6
marp68
Addict

And it did :-)