Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old 09-13-2016, 10:44 PM   #1
tjnkys
tjnkys began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Kindle PW3 with USB networking enabled cannot telnet to MacOS

Hi all,

I have a Kindle PW 3 with USB networking enabled. I'm able to ssh into the device from my Mac(10.11.6). By the way, I set my IP to 192.168.15.200 on my Mac. I have a server running on my mac on port 8080. I tried to ssh into the kindle and do "telnet 192.168.15.200 8080" and getting no response. Same thing for port 22. It seems the network cannot be routed to my Mac for some reason.

I also tried to setup the same on a ubuntu machine and I can have my Kindle telnet to the ports on my Ubuntu.

Any ideas why it doesn't work on MacOS?

Thanks!
tjnkys is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 08:18 AM   #2
nasser
Evangelist
nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nasser ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Too many..
Try opening kterm on pw3 and then telnetting through wi-fi from pw3 to mac.
nasser is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-14-2016, 08:42 AM   #3
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
Check your network firewall settings on all devices.

Next post, give more specific information than: "Does not work".

Include what action you take, and what the result is - quote any messages received.

You have to write that all down, since we can not see over your shoulder.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 11:26 AM   #4
Yourcat
Groupie
Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.Yourcat knows the way to San Jose.

Device: PW3 5.6.5-usbnet
Does it work locally (from Mac)?
Idea: It's a firewall on Mac.
Yourcat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2016, 12:21 PM   #5
knc1
Going Viral
knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.knc1 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: No K1, PW2, KV, KOA
We need what you entered and the resultant messages because I don't see a telnet client in the USBnetworking package.
knc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert