Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Development

Notices

Old Today, 01:36 PM   #1
fredex
Enthusiast
fredex began at the beginning.

Device: none
glibc 2.35

Just tried to install Calibre 7.17 on my Rocky Linux 9.4 system (up to date...), to no avail.

I see Calibre now requires glibc 2.35, but rocky 9.4 is stuck at 2.34 for (apparently) the life of the 9.x release (or maybe that means until 9.5, not sure).

I'm not going to be antisocial and demand you revert, or that you release a build that will work with 2.34, so, I'm wondering...

if I grab the source and build on my Rocky box, will it work with what I have on the system even if different than what you (Kovid) build with on your Linux system?

Thanks!

Fred
fredex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:13 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Sure you can always build from source. glibc dependencies are an artifact of which toolchain binaries are built from not the source code. Building calibre otself from source is trivial. THe hard part is building all its dependencies.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert