Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 04-16-2020, 06:12 PM   #1
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Location: France, languages : french and a little bit english.
Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD
Trick : enable landscape or portrait

Hi guys,

I just want to give you a little trick : with FW 4.19.x and above, if you don't have a Kobo Forma or Kobo Libra H2O eReader (because this function already exists on thoose 2 devices), you can activate an icon to choose landscape or portrait (except on mini).

To activate this icon, you just have to activate the developer mode : edit Kobo eReader.conf (you will find it in .kobo/Kobo folder (notepad ++ recommend if you use windows) and add this line to [DeveloperSettings] (if you can't find [DeveloperSettings], add this line too).

You will have something like this :

[DeveloperSettings]
ForceAllowLandscape=true

Save the file, eject your device and restart the Kobo. The auto-rotate icon will appear at the top of the desktop !

Last edited by akorx; 04-16-2020 at 06:32 PM.
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2020, 08:53 PM   #2
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
For the record, that has been in the firmware from about the time the Forma was released. And has been discussed frequently.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2020, 03:36 AM   #3
akorx
Addict
akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.akorx never is beset by a damp, drizzly November in his or her soul.

Location: France, languages : french and a little bit english.
Device: Kobo Glo, Aura HD
Ok, I haven't seen... is there a page where we can find all the tricks?
akorx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 04:18 AM   #4
Simboubou
Connoisseur
Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Simboubou ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Glo HD
Over there are instructions to patch the firmware : https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=328052

Note that a new topic like this one is created for each firmware version. Don't mix things up !

I was aware of the landscape thing, but I didn't know it was possiblie without patching the firmware, by only changing a live in the configuration file.
Simboubou is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2020, 07:15 AM   #5
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Quote:
Originally Posted by akorx View Post
The Wiki?
Also you can make it that you don't have to tap to connect USB. I'm tempted, but first I'd make a cable with D- & D+ disconnected from the USB-A end and two reistors to fake D- & D+ charge signalling to slave, because SOME chargers I have are detected as hosts! Also public charging points have been known to have Android Malware.

You used to be able to configure power switch as screen shot if you have a sleep cover.
Sometimes settings in the conf file get ignored with a new FW.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-17-2020, 02:32 PM   #6
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
You used to be able to configure power switch as screen shot if you have a sleep cover.
Sometimes settings in the conf file get ignored with a new FW.
Screenshots=true under [FeatureSettings] still works with the latest firmware. It also works without a sleep cover but trickier since I generally end up connecting and disconnecting from USB to wake.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2020, 08:18 AM   #7
lel24
lel24 began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Glo
Quote:
Originally Posted by akorx View Post
There is a work-in-progress page on the wiki that lists most of the options, however many aren't fully documented:

https://wiki.mobileread.com/wiki/Kob...ration_Options

Feel free to contribute if you can add details on what an option does.
lel24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2024, 12:56 PM   #8
melodyh
melodyh can extract oil from cheesemelodyh can extract oil from cheesemelodyh can extract oil from cheesemelodyh can extract oil from cheesemelodyh can extract oil from cheesemelodyh can extract oil from cheesemelodyh can extract oil from cheesemelodyh can extract oil from cheese

Device: Kobo Glo HD, Kobo Aura One
Good day!

Anyone know how to enable "flipped landscape"? This code works:

[DeveloperSettings]
ForceAllowLandscape=true

BUT it flips the wrong way. I have an origami case and the reader reads upside down when the case is turned into a stand. I need "flipped landscape" or "inverted landscape" I suppose. Any ideers? Thank you! : )
melodyh is offline   Reply With Quote