Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle > Kindle Developer's Corner

Notices

Old Today, 11:39 AM   #1
robotic__
robotic__ began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 4 (10th Generation)
Talking Is there a way to downgrade Kindles?

Hello!

I have a Kindle PW4 (10th Generation) that's on version 5.16.4. I want to jailbreak it, but the max version for something like LanguageBreak is 5.16.2. Could I put an old firmware file on the Kindle and do a manual update through the settings, or will this screw stuff up or brick my Kindle? I don't mind if I lose my books as I can back them up beforehand via Calibre.
robotic__ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:03 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
No. You need to jailbreak your Kindle before you can downgrade the firmware.
DNSB is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 12:23 PM   #3
robotic__

Dang. Are there any alternative jailbreak methods anyone knows about for newer firmwares like this?
Old Today, 12:35 PM   #4
shamanNS
Guru
shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.shamanNS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW5, Kobo Libra 2, Kindle PW1
There is, but it's not released to the general public. It will be once Amazon starts selling next round of new Kindle models.

So your only choice at the moment is to wait and also make sure that your Kindle stays on that firmware 5.16.4.
shamanNS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 01:03 PM   #5
robotic__

Got it, thank you very much!
Advert

Tags
downgrade, jailbreak, paperwhite