Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 03-20-2022, 01:39 PM   #1
TheRealJohnAdams
Enthusiast
TheRealJohnAdams will blow your mind, man!TheRealJohnAdams will blow your mind, man!TheRealJohnAdams will blow your mind, man!TheRealJohnAdams will blow your mind, man!TheRealJohnAdams will blow your mind, man!TheRealJohnAdams will blow your mind, man!TheRealJohnAdams will blow your mind, man!TheRealJohnAdams will blow your mind, man!TheRealJohnAdams will blow your mind, man!TheRealJohnAdams will blow your mind, man!TheRealJohnAdams will blow your mind, man!

Device: Kindle Oasis, Kobo Forma, Onyx Page
Running Calibre in a Docker container: How can I connect to my Kobo?

Hi all. I recently got a Synology NAS and would like to move my calibre library from my desktop to the NAS. I understand that the only supported way of doing this is to run calibre on the NAS. So what I would probably do is run the linux desktop version of Calibre from a docker container and access it through my browser (linuxserver/calibre).

But if I do that, I lose the ability to connect my ereader to calibre. The NAS itself is hard to get to (it's behind a couch), and even if it weren't, Synology no longer supports USB pass-through. I know calibre-web will sync with my kobo, but it doesn't sync collections, which is a deal-breaker for me. What I would like, ideally, is the ability to plug my Kobo into my PC and "pass through" that USB connection to the NAS calibre install.

My understanding is that there is no good way of doing what I'm trying to do. The closest alternative I see is using rsync or similar to do a one-way copy from the NAS to my desktop, run calibre on the desktop directly, and use that desktop calibre install to manage my kobo. Is that right?
TheRealJohnAdams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2022, 01:27 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Yes its right
kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert