Old 03-18-2022, 04:48 AM   #1
tycho
tycho began at the beginning.

Device: samsung
calibre auto upgrade (and versions)

Hello

I am a happy user of calibre, thank you all contributor and specially Kovid

now, my issue:

I installed calibre on a server (linux), and I want to upgrade auto when there is a new release.
So my plan is: on a regular basis, check for http://code.calibre-ebook.com/latest
and compare it with the result of calibredb --version
and if it differs, then stop the server, run the update command (wget linux-installer.sh etc) and start the server

The first issue is that the "calibredb --version" gives only two levels, while calibre-ebook.com/latest gives three levels ( 5.39 != 5.39.0 ). Should I ignore the third level? Is there a way to get the third level of the installed version?

But also: I may be not the first one to do this. Is there a better way to auto upgrade calibre?
tycho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2022, 05:15 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
It will print the third digit if the third digit is not zero.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 03-30-2022, 01:05 PM   #3
tycho
tycho began at the beginning.

Device: samsung
on the spot

Thanks
tycho is offline   Reply With Quote