Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Server

Notices

Old 11-21-2020, 11:12 AM   #1
MikeMen
MikeMen began at the beginning.

Device: ipad
Calibre Server to iPad connection

I start the content server in Calibre and get the url and port number.

I can go to another PC and using Chrome or IE enter the urlort and my libraries appear and I can choose one to see and download the books

I can also connect using the safari browser on a newer (IOS 14.2)

I do the same on my ole (IOS 9.3.5) iPad using Safari or Chrome and get an error message stating that I am
"Attempting to assign a read only property"

When I dismiss that error I'm told that I have a
"NoFoundError: DOM IDBDatabase Exception 8: An operation failed because thee requested database could not be found."

Is there a problem with older iPads or am I overlooking a setting?
MikeMen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2020, 02:43 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Just looked at the Calibre Content server page and found this:

Quote:
On iOS, Apple allows only a single browser engine, so Firefox, Chrome and Safari are all actually the same browser under the hood. The new server interface requires iOS 10.3.2 or newer. On Android, the server has been tested with Chrome version 58 and newer.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-21-2020, 02:50 PM   #3
MikeMen
MikeMen began at the beginning.

That answers the question.
Quote:
The new server interface requires iOS 10.3.2 or newer.
And 9.3.5 is the last IOS available on my old iPad

Thanks
MikeMen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2020, 03:08 PM   #4
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeMen View Post
I start the content server in Calibre and get the url and port number.

I can go to another PC and using Chrome or IE enter the urlort and my libraries appear and I can choose one to see and download the books

I can also connect using the safari browser on a newer (IOS 14.2)

I do the same on my ole (IOS 9.3.5) iPad using Safari or Chrome and get an error message stating that I am
"Attempting to assign a read only property"

When I dismiss that error I'm told that I have a
"NoFoundError: DOM IDBDatabase Exception 8: An operation failed because thee requested database could not be found."

Is there a problem with older iPads or am I overlooking a setting?
I also have an old iPad running iOS 9.3.5. This is really weird. I accessed the server last friday. It kept showing an error msg, but it could be dismissed and everything worked fine. Now, I can't access either.

The odd part is that calibre was not update since last friday. I was already using calibre 5.5.
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2022, 06:36 PM   #5
Alexo229
Alexo229 began at the beginning.

Device: iPad
Sorry to try to revive this old thread, newbie here. But I got the same problem plus a weird one: I have an old iPad 2 running iOS 5.0.1 (9A405) and it does connect to Calibre and I can see all the books in my library. Icons are weird but the content is there, yet I have another iPad 2 with the latest iOS it can handle 9.3.2 and it cannot connect, I get the same message as the others...is there a solution to this? thank you
Alexo229 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-13-2022, 01:55 PM   #6
thiago.eec
Guru
thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.thiago.eec ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad, Kindle Paperwhite
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexo229 View Post
Sorry to try to revive this old thread, newbie here. But I got the same problem plus a weird one: I have an old iPad 2 running iOS 5.0.1 (9A405) and it does connect to Calibre and I can see all the books in my library. Icons are weird but the content is there, yet I have another iPad 2 with the latest iOS it can handle 9.3.2 and it cannot connect, I get the same message as the others...is there a solution to this? thank you
I also have an old iPad 2. It runs 9.3.6.
If I try to access the server directly, it crashes. The solution is to use the MOBILE interface. Try this:

ip_address:8080/mobile. Ex.: 192.168.0.111:8080/mobile.
thiago.eec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 12:02 AM   #7
dogface
dogface began at the beginning.

Calibre server not working, ipad or iphone

I'm using calbre companion, any thoughts?
dogface is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2022, 12:51 AM   #8
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Quote:
Originally Posted by dogface View Post
I'm using calbre companion, any thoughts?
Ask in the Calibre Companion forum?
And perhaps sharing a few more details about what your problem is would help seeing as you asked in a thread discussing issues with connecting an iOS device to calibre's builtin web server.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote