Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 02-24-2022, 04:48 PM   #1
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Libra 2: send books to a sub folder rather than top folder

I want to send my books to Books/ rather than to the top folder on Kobo Libra. Thought I could do this with Device > Configure and adding Books/ to the beginning of the template string, but it just send it to folders called Books_authorsname. Since I'm on Windows, I tried with a back slash, too, but same result. Any ideas? Thanks in advance
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2022, 06:06 PM   #2
DNSB
Bibliophagist
DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DNSB ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage, Libra Colour, Lenovo M8 FHD, Paperwhite 4, Tolino epos
Not sure why you are seeing that issue. Here's the template that I use with the KoboTouch and KoboTouchExtended driver (it needs to be entered separately for both).

Code:
Elib/{author_sort:sublist(0,1,&)}/{title} - {authors:sublist(0,1,&)}
The sublist bit just limits the author_sort and author to the first name in the list to keep path lengths to a reasonable level.
DNSB is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 02-25-2022, 03:57 PM   #3
Barty
doofus
Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Barty ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kindle Voyage
Ok, looks like I have to use Kobo touch extended and not Kobo touch. That fixes it. Thanks
Barty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2022, 02:17 AM   #4
davidfor
Grand Sorcerer
davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.davidfor ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo:Touch,Glo, AuraH2O, GloHD,AuraONE, ClaraHD, Libra H2O; tolinoepos
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barty View Post
Ok, looks like I have to use Kobo touch extended and not Kobo touch. That fixes it. Thanks
No, you can use either. The extended driver does what its name implies, extends the function of the built-in KoboTouch driver. Most of the function of the extended driver is actually in the KoboTouch driver. That includes the save template and file naming on the device. But, they are configured separately. You need to configure the one you want to use. And if you don't want to send books as kepubs, then there is no point in using the extended driver.
davidfor is offline   Reply With Quote