Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old Yesterday, 09:00 AM   #1
nuovodna
nuovodna began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Koreader on all devices synching highlights, position, etc..

Hi, I've been trying for months to find a solution to make Koreader work between all my devices (iPhone, Windows PC, Linux PC, Kobo Clara BW) but I can't find it.

I have a Raspberry Pi 5 on which I installed syncthing (also on Kobo) for file synchronization.

On the RPI5 I tried these ways:
-) "docker-koreader". I exposed the service on the web and someone entered my server running a script in the container to generate cryptocurrencies.
-) "koreader-novnc" but I can't get it to work

Is there any other way to read also from devices that don't have koreader (iPhone, windows) and sync all the metadata?

I'm currently using "calibre-server" to read on devices without koreader but clearly there is no bilateral synchronization of highlights and progress.

Should I give up or is there a solution?

Thanks a lot!
nuovodna is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 02:35 PM   #2
jospalau
Groupie
jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jospalau ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Likebook Ares
You can set up a Rsync service to sync information from Devices. I have one in my desktop and one in my phone with Termux.

Then you can make scripts to sync from (pulling)/to(pushing) the server. You can run these scripts from NickelMenu or from KOReader (you can run scripts from the file manager).

This way I how sync everything (sidecars, profiles, collections...) and even books. The only thing is I can't use the devices simultaneously. Before pulling the information from a device you have to push with the last device you used.

You can start small with a simple script to sync sidecars.

Sent from my CPH2021 using Tapatalk
jospalau is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Yesterday, 03:44 PM   #3
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle PW2, PW3, PW4, Voyage
Good automation!
In the next release will appear a new feature
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/12564
Fire actions on events.
If you need more triggering events, or more actions, let me know.
hius07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 05:39 PM   #4
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
I had an unfortunate data wipe recently when updated from 5.16.2 to 5.16.9 by hand on my Kindle Scribe. I didn’t do a full backup, so that was a good lesson for me

I should definitely do something like this, so thank you for starting this topic!

Do you guys know if rsync can handle and sync also detecting duplicates?

For example, I have books in /mnt/us/books/

Once I read a book, I move to the archive folder under /mnt/us/books/ARCHIVE/

What I would like to do this:
1) Sync 1: book1.epub and its sdr folder are in /mnt/us/books/
2) Read the book and put into archive at /mnt/us/books/ARCHIVE
3) Sync 2: rsync synced the book and added it to ARCHIVE. But I also would like it to delete backup from /mnt/us/books/

I now this is a trivial script and I should probably write it by hand, but maybe there are some advanced tools that can take care of this?
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Yesterday, 07:17 PM   #5
GreyFox
Militaires Sans Frontière
GreyFox began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Era Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
Good automation!
In the next release will appear a new feature
https://github.com/koreader/koreader/pull/12564
Fire actions on events.
If you need more triggering events, or more actions, let me know.
I need to read more about what this does, but could something be set that whenever the device is locked it uploads the reading stats to dropbox?
GreyFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 01:46 AM   #6
hius07
Wizard
hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.hius07 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreyFox View Post
I need to read more about what this does, but could something be set that whenever the device is locked it uploads the reading stats to dropbox?
We cannot do anything while the device is sleeping.
Old Today, 01:58 AM   #7
GreyFox
Militaires Sans Frontière
GreyFox began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Era Color
Quote:
Originally Posted by hius07 View Post
We cannot do anything while the device is sleeping.
Would it be possible that the sleep button initiates the upload and then puts the device to sleep?
GreyFox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:52 AM   #8
hius07
Wizard

Uploading may take time, and we cannot pause the system responding to the hard button pressing.
Please note that the sleep button is handled by the system itself.
Old Today, 05:15 AM   #9
hius07
Wizard

But I see that the KOsync plugin tries to update the progress before going to sleep, so I recommend it.
Old Today, 08:04 AM   #10
mergen3107
Wizard
mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.mergen3107 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Scribe
There can a profile that does sync (with pause in that script until it is done) and only then asks for sleep.
mergen3107 is offline   Reply With Quote