Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre

Notices

Old 09-16-2010, 05:33 PM   #1
captaindonut
captaindonut began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Suggestion for Calibre

Hi kovidgoyal,

Small suggestion for Calibre. In the SERIES field, would it be possible to allow letters after the number in the [brackets].

For example let's say that I have the following trilogy:

The Farseer Trilogy [1]
The Farseer Trilogy [2]
The Farseer Trilogy [3]

...and I want to add a Short Story that was written (or occurs in reading order) between volumes 1 and 2, ideally, it would be as:

The Farseer Trilogy [1]
The Farseer Trilogy [1a]
The Farseer Trilogy [2]
The Farseer Trilogy [3]

I use Collectorz "Book Collector" and use that feature all the time. It happens a lot, especially for long-running series.

I could simply shift all the numbers down, but that would screw up the numbering of the actual books.

Thanks
Captain Donut
captaindonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 05:34 PM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
You can use floating point numbers

so

kovidgoyal is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 09-16-2010, 05:40 PM   #3
captaindonut
captaindonut began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle 3
Great...i had not thought of that...duh!! Great product BTW...sent in my donation.
captaindonut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 05:40 PM   #4
desertgrandma
Enjoying the show....
desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.desertgrandma ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: A K1, Kindle Paperwhite, an Ipod, IPad2, Iphone, an Ipad Mini & macAir
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
You can use floating point numbers

so

I did that with the "inbetween" novels of Evanovich series...works great!
desertgrandma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2010, 09:39 PM   #5
FizzyWater
You kids get off my lawn!
FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.FizzyWater ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Oasis 2 and Libra H2O and half a dozen older models I can't let go of
Yep, I was glad when that feature was added, since it seems like a number of authors I read have "in-between" novellas...
FizzyWater is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert