Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-14-2024, 06:18 PM   #1
H4zzard10
H4zzard10 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Exclamation Weird things after registering PW2 w/ KUAL

I bought a Kindle Paperwhite 2 at Goodwill with no special offers a few months ago and have really enjoyed using it so far. Today I decided to register it so i could buy books and not be limited to Project Gutenberg, big mistake. Now there are ads everywhere and i have to swipe on the lock screen (remember when i bought it this was not the case). I tried deregistering it to get rid of them, but nope.

Aside from that, after deregistering I got a new book in my library titled "Test Kindle Installation Result" and when I open it it says "Dear Developer, Your Kindle is no longer a test Kindle and is unable to test items previously signed by authorized developers. If you want your device to be a test kindle again, please contact the developer. Thank You, The Kindle Team". KUAL still works and I can launch apps, so what does this message mean? And is there a way I can get rid of the special offers myself or will I have to contact Amazon? If all else fails, will a factory reset fix it and is that safe to do being this one is modded?

Thanks in advance!
H4zzard10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2024, 06:46 PM   #2
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
Only Amazon can nuke them.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-14-2024, 06:54 PM   #3
H4zzard10
H4zzard10 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Quoth View Post
Only Amazon can nuke them.
Ok thanks.

Do you know if i should be worried about the test kindle message?
H4zzard10 is offline   Reply With Quote