Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 04-11-2024, 05:40 AM   #1
Blink1986
Blink1986 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 6th Gen
PW2 stuck in tree screen

Hello everyone,
I still have a Paperwhite 2 which is giving me a real headache. It ran out a long time ago and after I recharged the device, it froze on the Treescreen.

What I have tried so far:
- Hold down the power button for 1 minute
- fully charged with a power adapter
- tried to delete the content and restart
- Factory reset with the DO_FACTORY_RESTORE file

What is strange is that I can copy data to the Kindle via USB cable and also delete it. However, if I safely disconnect the device, the data is available again after a restart or the newly copied files are no longer on the device.

What other options do I have to get the device working again?
Thank you very much for your support
Blink1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 08:23 AM   #2
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
Quote:
Originally Posted by Blink1986 View Post
What is strange is that I can copy data to the Kindle via USB cable and also delete it. However, if I safely disconnect the device, the data is available again after a restart or the newly copied files are no longer on the device.
That is usually a sign that the flash memory on the device has failed. If so you won’t be able to fix that.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 09:58 AM   #3
Blink1986
Blink1986 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite 6th Gen
Thank you very much for your feedback. So flashing the firmware using the TTL adapter will not be successful or would it be worth a try?
Blink1986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 11:15 AM   #4
jhowell
Grand Sorcerer
jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jhowell ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindles
I don't know.
jhowell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2024, 04:56 PM   #5
eddie.t.h
Groupie
eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.eddie.t.h is an accomplished Snipe hunter.

Device: Too Much Kindle :-)
The only repair option is to replace the flash memory. This is not impossible but certainly not easy.
eddie.t.h is offline   Reply With Quote