Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 01-28-2019, 04:22 AM   #1
Crabsauce1
Crabsauce1 began at the beginning.

Device: None
Update a chapter in TOC without losing the stylesheet so Kindle previewer can make

Hi, i'm very new to sigil, i'm trying to understand how to add a new chapter to an already exsiting Table of contents without losing the stylesheet/code used for the Toc? I need to update the Toc because Kindle Previewer will not make this chapter a blue clickable hyperlink that takes it to the chapter. It shows greyed out in kindle previewer but in sigil it shows up as a blue clickable hyperlink

When I click generate Toc then create an html for the toc, it makes a Toc & in the chapter is seen as a blue hyperlink in kindle previewer but the stylesheet/code is not the same....

So i'm trying understand, What do I need to do so kindle previewer shows the chapter as a blue clickable hyperlink that takes you to the chapter?

I already checked the content.ocf & toc.ncx in it is showing up in both. In the content.ocf its in the manifests & the spine so im not sure what to do....
Crabsauce1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2019, 12:55 PM   #2
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
To edit the NCX TOC without overwriting everything, you can either use the TOC Editor (Tools->Table of Contents->Edit TOC), or you can edit the NCX file manually if you're familiar with the syntax.

To edit the html TOC without overwriting any existing style changes you may have already made, the only choice you have is to edit the html file that's marked as the TOC manually. Generating the HTML TOC or the NCX TOC will result in everything being erased/rebuilt.

As to why it doesn't show up as a "blue clickable link" after converting to a KindleBook, I couldn't really guess. I don't do a lot of KindleBook creating/converting any more. Perhaps someone in the Kindle Formats forum might know.
DiapDealer is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert