Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 04-06-2014, 03:18 PM   #1
Archimed
Archimed began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
sorting algorithm author

Hello,
to start, excuse me for the many mistake, I am French and I'm not very good in english.
With Calibre, the authors are in the form "Name,First name" and I would like to turn them into "Name, First name" (just add the space between "Name," and "First name").
But I do not know how to do.
Help me, please.

Last edited by Archimed; 04-06-2014 at 04:13 PM.
Archimed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-06-2014, 05:23 PM   #2
eschwartz
Ex-Helpdesk Junkie
eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.eschwartz ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Location: The Beaten Path, USA, Roundworld, This Side of Infinity
Device: Kindle Touch fw5.3.7 (Wifi only)
You can change whatever metadata you wish from the Edit Metadata toolbar icon, or by using the shortcut key "E", while the book is selected.
eschwartz is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 04-06-2014, 05:39 PM   #3
Archimed

I have over 600 authors, I would like to change for all.
Old 04-06-2014, 06:33 PM   #4
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by Archimed View Post
I have over 600 authors, I would like to change for all.
@Archimed - That's odd - I always get a space, couldn't see a tweak to make it otherwise

See attachment, try clicking the Recalculate all author sort values in Manage Authors

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	210
Size:	54.0 KB
ID:	121336  

Last edited by BetterRed; 04-06-2014 at 11:27 PM. Reason: correction to attachment
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 12:52 PM   #5
Archimed

In fact, the first books that I installed on calibre was in the form "Name,First name".
but now when I add books there to duplicate the authors.
so I would turn all form "Name, First name", but it only works if it is in the form "Nom Prenom".
Advert
Old 04-07-2014, 02:18 PM   #6
Adoby
Handy Elephant
Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Adoby ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Thinkpad E595, Ubuntu Mate, Huawei Mediapad 5, Bouye Likebook Plus
You could try to install the quality check plugin and use it to first change all authors to...

Firstname Lastname

... and then change to...

Lastname, Firstname

Hopefully that would fix all the names.
Adoby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2014, 03:45 PM   #7
Archimed

thank you very much Adoby
This fixes my problem.