Notices

Old Today, 03:05 AM   #1
kakkalla
Zealot
kakkalla doesn't litterkakkalla doesn't litter

Device: iPad
Calibre (not responding) on Mac Mini

Hi all.

I've been having the same problem with the last 4 or 5 updates to calibre. I am running Sonoma 14.6.1 with Calibre 7.18.

I start calibre but then in the Force Quit Applications panel, the error "not responding" appears. So I force quit calibre and I then have to relaunch the finder and then calibre again to get calibre to open. However, sometimes I do this 4 or 5 times and it still doesn't work.

Sometimes I have to log out and log back in again and calibre opens.

Can someone please tell me what's wrong?

Cheers.
kakkalla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:54 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Pin calibre to the dock then you dont have to launch it from finder. As for it not responding, that could be anything run it in debug mode and maybe we will get some information as to why.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 10:02 AM   #3
pen89
pen89 began at the beginning.

Device: 7th gen kindle-WP63GW
Question 7th gen kindle not recognized on Calibre

Im having the same issue as mini mac dude. in 2022, i plugged my device in and it popped up near the big red heart. Sometime after, it stopped recognizing my device. I have a 2019 Macbook Pro with sonoma installed. I'm not tech savvy. I updated software, I plugged it in and out to no avail. Tried the wireless connection and restarted my kindle. Still not recognized.
Any suggestions? Thanks,

Pen
pen89 is offline   Reply With Quote