Device: kindle
Question Email to Kindle CLI

What im trying to do:
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot 2024-08-03 at 02.46.58.png
Views:	13
Size:	930.1 KB
ID:	209915

Hiya total beginner here so if im being thick don't hesitate to point it out!

Really basic question but is there a cli command that can take a book id that will email a book with all its metadata.

The only thing i can figure out is export it and then email it as an attachment but that seems needlessly convoluted. Is there a simple command to do this?

Thanks, sorry if im being stupid

Last edited by BetterRed; Today at 05:11 AM. Reason: thumbnail an OVERSIZE image
tejt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:28 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
See the calibre user manual it documents all the cli commands available You will need to use a combination of calibredb and calibre-smtp
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 12:26 PM   #3
tejt
tejt began at the beginning.

Device: kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
See the calibre user manual it documents all the cli commands available You will need to use a combination of calibredb and calibre-smtp
Thanks for your reply but unless I’m reading the documentation wrong, I would need to export it first? I just wondered if there was a more direct method as there is in the gui?
tejt is offline   Reply With Quote