Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Sigil

Notices

Old 07-28-2021, 01:39 PM   #1
Magess
Magess began at the beginning.

Device: web
Empty the default Find window

How do I make it so Sigil doesn't remember what's in the Find window? It's not even remembering what was in the Find window the last time I used it, it's remembering it from some random book a year ago.

Click image for larger version

Name:	OxV2MjWn3ZyWiGDgAMHwfgvDs1p0Ze7NN8I1sydh.png
Views:	175
Size:	282.4 KB
ID:	188389

There are no other Sigil windows open. If I delete what's in the Find box, close Sigil, and reopen it, the box is filled in again with this text.

Last edited by issybird; 07-28-2021 at 03:12 PM. Reason: Oversize image attached as thumbnail.
Magess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2021, 02:12 PM   #2
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: many
Perhaps you have another old instance of Sigil someplace?

Close all other instances of Sigil first.

Delete the Find and Replace text you do not want.

Close the Find and Replace window.

To be safest, save the epub to some junk name.

Exit out of Sigil.
KevinH is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2021, 02:13 PM   #3
KevinH
Sigil Developer
KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.KevinH ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

If that doesn't work, we can lead you through editing your sigil.ini file as some corruption has happened.
Old 07-29-2021, 02:46 PM   #4
Magess

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Perhaps you have another old instance of Sigil someplace?

Close all other instances of Sigil first.

Delete the Find and Replace text you do not want.

Close the Find and Replace window.

To be safest, save the epub to some junk name.

Exit out of Sigil.
I did for awhile have an old version, but I no longer see that in the right-click menu when I go to open an epub, so I thought I had managed to remove it. Do you know where I'd look on a mac to find out if there's an old version anywhere?
Old 07-29-2021, 03:39 PM   #5
KevinH
Sigil Developer

On macOS, there is only one instance of Sigil that allows multiple Windows at the same time. So just make sure only 1 Sigil Window remains open (look behind the current Window as sometimes it hides there) then follow the directions I posted.
Advert
Old 07-30-2021, 10:39 AM   #6
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Ah I see, Doitsu pointed out that clearing the Find and Replace only holds until you close the F&R window and then it reloads the history next time it is opened.

I will add a context sensitive menu to allow the user to clear both Find and Replace histories for the next release.

The only way now to completely clear these histories is to manually edit the sigil.ini file.

I can lead you through how to do that if you want.
Old 07-30-2021, 02:00 PM   #7
KevinH
Sigil Developer

Added a Find and Replace context sensitive menu to clear Find and Replace current values and complete history (along with "are you sure?" check). Pushed this to master. This change will appear in the next release.
Old 07-30-2021, 02:03 PM   #8
DiapDealer
Grand Sorcerer
DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DiapDealer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Nexus 7, Kindle Fire HD
That will be a welcome addition, I believe. Thanks!
DiapDealer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2021, 06:56 PM   #9
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiapDealer View Post
That will be a welcome addition, I believe. Thanks!
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2021, 03:56 PM   #10
Magess

Quote:
Originally Posted by KevinH View Post
Added a Find and Replace context sensitive menu to clear Find and Replace current values and complete history (along with "are you sure?" check). Pushed this to master. This change will appear in the next release.
Thank you!