Notices

Old 12-24-2021, 07:35 AM   #1
trott3r
Enthusiast
trott3r began at the beginning.

Device: kobo sage considering boox
New Kobo user, Calibre detection

Hello,
I bought a new kobo sage for the stylus writing feature.

I come from a kindle and calibre detected it when it was plugged into the computer (win7) automatically.
The kobo does connect as i get a drive letter and an explorer window but calibre sits there doing nothing.

Has anyone got the new sage connected to calibre?

Is this possibly only the newer version of calibre that work with the sage?
The last win7 version is earlier than win 10 versions of calibre.

Any other other options for win 7 users?

thanks
Martin
trott3r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 08:10 AM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
You need the latest version, yes. Try to install the latest portable version, perhaps it will work. If not, you're out of luck, unfortunately.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2021, 09:54 AM   #3
trott3r
Enthusiast

sitel: okay thanks for the bad news.

Guess i will have to try and get my win10 laptop operational again.
Oh i do hate laptops with their small vertically challenged screens.
Old 12-24-2021, 09:58 AM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by trott3r View Post
sitel: okay thanks for the bad news.

Guess i will have to try and get my win10 laptop operational again.
Oh i do hate laptops with their small vertically challenged screens.
Well, there are laptops with 16:10 and 3:2 aspect ratios. I wouldn't buy a 16:9 myself, too cramped. I do like my Dell laptop with its 16:10 screen.

And you can connect an external monitor to a laptop, of course.
Sirtel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2021, 10:01 AM   #5
RobertJSawyer
Guru
RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.RobertJSawyer ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Clara 2E, and Clara HD; Kindle PaperWhite
I use Windows 7 32-bit. The portable version of calibre is working well for me with that operating system; it doesn't check during installation to see what version of Windows you are running. You can get it here:

https://calibre-ebook.com/download_portable

Note: Just because it's called the "portable" version doesn't mean you have to install it on a USB driver or any other external media. It will install fine on your computer's main hard drive. The portable version is updated on the website whenever the Windows version is; you'll be up-to-date.
RobertJSawyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-24-2021, 02:36 PM   #6
trott3r
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sirtel View Post
Well, there are laptops with 16:10 and 3:2 aspect ratios. I wouldn't buy a 16:9 myself, too cramped. I do like my Dell laptop with its 16:10 screen.

And you can connect an external monitor to a laptop, of course.
Yeah i like a large screen and my 16:10 monitor.
Cant stick 6 hard drives in my laptop full of allsorts of music and test operating systems etc.
Old 12-24-2021, 02:37 PM   #7
trott3r
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobertJSawyer View Post
I use Windows 7 32-bit. The portable version of calibre is working well for me with that operating system; it doesn't check during installation to see what version of Windows you are running. You can get it here:

https://calibre-ebook.com/download_portable

Note: Just because it's called the "portable" version doesn't mean you have to install it on a USB driver or any other external media. It will install fine on your computer's main hard drive. The portable version is updated on the website whenever the Windows version is; you'll be up-to-date.
Thanks for that robert worked a treat with the kobo sage and detected straight off with kobo selected as the reader.

Tags
calibre, sage