Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > KOReader

Notices

Old Today, 06:53 AM   #1
DrunkenDonkey
Connoisseur
DrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the roughDrunkenDonkey is a jewel in the rough

Device: Kindle PW2
KOReader feature request - senior people interface

Hey guys, koreader is absolute beast and essential for reading, but I'm having trouble with grandma - she is using a phone with buttons and dealing with ebook reader is just impossible.
What I'm thinking will absolutely help old people to have a blast reading is: locked interface. My idea is: set the reader the way they want - font settings and book view, select some folder with books and then long press combo of a buttons or a menu entry and the thing locks down to the basics - you can:
- go next or previous page
- exit to the folder that was selected on the lock down time to select another book
- open new book

For devices with physical buttons having "home" goes to the list of books in the folder, for devices without ones/touch - a bar at the top or bottom with back/next/previous buttons.

Having seen several old people around me that can't handle the complexity of an ebook reader, but love the feel of an e-ink screen, this will be a godsend for them
DrunkenDonkey is offline   Reply With Quote