Notices

Old 07-28-2009, 02:41 PM   #1
lcbannon
Enthusiast
lcbannon began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
Hi- New 505 owner here

Love this site, lots of great info..
I maybe should have waited to buy but I have it and so far it does what I wanted it for.
lcbannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 02:52 PM   #2
DixieGal
Hi There!
DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DixieGal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad
Welcome! There will always be bigger, faster, cooler technology just around the corner. Just relax and enjoy your 505 - you will not regret it!
DixieGal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2009, 02:58 PM   #3
rlparker
Ars longa
rlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankindrlparker has exceeded all limitations known to mankind

Device: Kindle K1, K3 wifi
Hi lcbannon, welcome to MR!

I'm sure you'll be glad you got your 505. You can always get another newer model sometime later
rlparker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:02 PM   #4
lcbannon
Enthusiast
lcbannon began at the beginning.

Device: Sony PRS 505
???

Now that I have it and have d/l Calibre- Great program- and loaded a few books- What next--

Personlize it, hack it, do the firmware update or what. I also ran the sony ebook after I did the Calibre and wish I had not.

Thanks
lcbannon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2009, 04:04 PM   #5
roger the rabbit
Addict
roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'roger the rabbit knows the difference between 'who' and 'whom'

Device: Sony PRS-T3, 650 Black, 505, Kobo Glo HD Aura ONE
Hello lcbannon and welcome. I've had my Sony 505 for some time and think it was the best available when I bought it - I can not imagine being without it now.
roger the rabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-28-2009, 08:18 PM   #6
MickeyC
Grand Sorcerer
MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.MickeyC ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 6 plus, Sony T1, iPad 3
Hi lcbannon and welcome to MobileRead. I've had a Sony 505 for over a year and a half and really like it
MickeyC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 09:25 AM   #7
Lady Blue
the snarky blue one
Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Lady Blue ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PRS500, 505 & 600, PRST1 & T2, Kindle PW, Moto Razr, Galaxy Tab 2-10"
Hello lcbannon, and Click image for larger version

Name:	Welcome-05-june.gif
Views:	276
Size:	92.3 KB
ID:	33183 to Mobileread.

I have a 505 also, and like it a lot.
Lady Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 10:09 AM   #8
sony_fox
Zealot
sony_fox has learned how to buy an e-book online

Device: Kobo Auroa H2O
Quote:
Now that I have it and have d/l Calibre- Great program- and loaded a few books- What next--
Start READING of course.

Once you've read a few books on it you might want to play with a few options if you think there are areas for improvement, but I suggest getting used to the basics first.

I find pbooks hard now, and I've only had the reader a few weeks.
sony_fox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2009, 02:35 PM   #9
kazbates
Wizard
kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kazbates ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: SurfacePro, SurfaceBook 2
Welcome to MobileRead, lcbannon!

I am sure you will love your new toy as much as I love my 700!

Happy Reading!
kazbates is offline   Reply With Quote