Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Which one should I buy?

Notices

Old 10-28-2014, 10:42 AM   #1
Rich_D
Fanatic
Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Rich_D ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Android phone, Kobo Glo HD, nook ST with Glo (backup)
Nook HD or Samsung Galaxy Tab 2

I really don't like tablets, but have come to realize that they work well for magazines and cookbooks. That being my only 2 uses for them, I don't want to spend a lot of money on one. The 2 tablets mentioned in the title would both suit my needs and are comparably priced on ebay. Which would you get? I'm leaning towards the HD, but don't like the idea of dealing with another cable/charger.

I don't want the nook color or HD +.

Thanks!
Rich_D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 08:20 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
The TAB 2 is now 2+ models old (IMHO don't pay much for one)

Moon + Pro works well, but the tablet is HEAVY compared to my PEz or K4NT
Battery life is the pits (less than a day) when I am used to week+ of heavy use with -ink readers

OTOH for color and PDF the TAB is great
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert