Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old Today, 06:34 PM   #1
pmattera
pmattera began at the beginning.

Device: ipod /Ipad / Sam. Galaxy
adaptation for comics ?

Hallo,
I am raising the following issue: I would like to use Calibre to manage my collection of comics (*.cbz), but I have realized that I do not need some fields, while there are others I would like to keep (preferably) on the first screen of the Metadata management (such as Genre (e.g., Comics USA/Comics USA (DC)/Comics USA (Marvel), Italian comics, etc.)(Status: One-shot/ Discontinued/ Ongoing – incomplete/ Ongoing – up to date/ Finished – completed)ecc).

Is there a possibility that in the future Calibre will also cater to the needs of us comic enthusiasts/collectors?

Thank you, and I apologize if I have caused any inconvenience.
pmattera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 06:37 PM   #2
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmattera View Post
Hallo,
I am raising the following issue: I would like to use Calibre to manage my collection of comics (*.cbz), but I have realized that I do not need some fields, while there are others I would like to keep (preferably) on the first screen of the Metadata management (such as Genre (e.g., Comics USA/Comics USA (DC)/Comics USA (Marvel), Italian comics, etc.)(Status: One-shot/ Discontinued/ Ongoing – incomplete/ Ongoing – up to date/ Finished – completed)ecc).

Is there a possibility that in the future Calibre will also cater to the needs of us comic enthusiasts/collectors?

Thank you, and I apologize if I have caused any inconvenience.
You can keep everything on the first screen if you set the metadata layout to "All in 1 tab" (Preferences -> Look & Feel -> Edit metadata)
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 07:04 PM   #3
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by pmattera View Post
Hallo,

I don't use the single metadata edit dialogue.

I edit the metadata columns in the book list where I control which columns are shown, and the order in which they're shown. The View Manager plugin is useful in this regard, it supports multiple views, and it integrates with the Virtual Library feature.

BR
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:15 PM   #4
Sirtel
Grand Sorcerer
Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Sirtel ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Sage & Libra 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by BetterRed View Post
I don't use the single metadata edit dialogue.

I edit the metadata columns in the book list where I control which columns are shown, and the order in which they're shown. The View Manager plugin is useful in this regard, it supports multiple views, and it integrates with the Virtual Library feature.

BR
I don't have all my custom metadata columns visible in the book list, intentionally so (for example, one of them is for my Kobo collections and I don't need to see it in the general list; another is for some saved searches and so on). For this reason I use the Edit Metadata window to edit them. I have all the columns there in one tab, though.
Sirtel is online now   Reply With Quote