Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old 06-25-2023, 01:22 PM   #1
nabsltd
Evangelist
nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th gen), Scribe
Scribe leather cover

Amazon has two bundles for the Scribe...one with a "Leather Folio Cover", and one with a "Brush Print Leather Cover".

Does anybody who has either have any "don't buy this one" warnings?

Thanks.
nabsltd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 03:19 PM   #2
BionicGecko
Addict
BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BionicGecko ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Voyage, Oasis, Scribe, Libra Colour
I have the black leather folio cover and highly recommend it; the magnets inside the Scribe attach to the case very solidly, and yet it’s easy to take the Scribe out of the case when needed. Also I know not everyone is a fan of the pen holder flap bit but i like it, especially when on the go; it holds the pen better than the magnets on the side of the Scribe.

Maybe one thing, I initially ordered the burgundy one, and was not very pleased with the color in person, it’s rather bordering on pink. Maybe it’s not a concern for you but it might be worth knowing.
BionicGecko is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-25-2023, 04:38 PM   #3
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Instead of the bundle you could probably save money by purchasing 'pre-owned' cover. These include covers still in original packing. I just ordered one for about $14 USD.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2023, 11:43 PM   #4
Avwriter
Addict
Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Avwriter ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony PRS 505, 600, 350, T-1, PW1, Voyage, Oasis2
There are also lots of good 3rd party covers out there too. I have the one below and love it:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BSR9PWST...roduct_details
Avwriter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2023, 01:09 PM   #5
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabsltd View Post
Amazon has two bundles for the Scribe...one with a "Leather Folio Cover", and one with a "Brush Print Leather Cover".

Does anybody who has either have any "don't buy this one" warnings?

Thanks.
I have a cloth one which I like a whole lot so I suspect the leather one is nice
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-27-2023, 08:27 PM   #6
tomsem
Grand Sorcerer
tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.tomsem ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPhone 15PM, Kindle Scribe, iPad mini 6, PocketBook InkPad Color 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Avwriter View Post
There are also lots of good 3rd party covers out there too. I have the one below and love it:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BSR9PWST...roduct_details
That would be too many moving parts for me. I got this one:
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0BN5N838R

But I've at least temporarily switched to the (pre owned but unused) Amazon leather cover I got for $14. Seems a little bit lighter, and I find I'm not using landscape very much. Not using the pen loop, except it is convenient for lifting the cover.
tomsem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2023, 08:50 PM   #7
GeorgeYellow
Enthusiast
GeorgeYellow is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!GeorgeYellow is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!GeorgeYellow is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!GeorgeYellow is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!GeorgeYellow is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!GeorgeYellow is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!GeorgeYellow is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!GeorgeYellow is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!GeorgeYellow is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!GeorgeYellow is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!GeorgeYellow is faster than a rolling 'o,' stronger than silent 'e,' and leaps capital 'T' in a single bound!

Device: Nook, Kindle
Quote:
Originally Posted by tomsem View Post
Instead of the bundle you could probably save money by purchasing 'pre-owned' cover. These include covers still in original packing. I just ordered one for about $14 USD.
I noticed that ...

Any guesses on why"Brush Print Leather Cover" is so much cheaper (under $8USD, Used, Very Good), versus the "Leather Folio Cover, Black" which is just under $10USD, again Used Very Good).

The reviews on the "Brush Print" cover are damning, but I don't see why they didn't apply to the other covers?
GeorgeYellow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2023, 11:21 AM   #8
nabsltd
Evangelist
nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nabsltd ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (11th gen), Scribe
Thanks for all the great info, everybody.

I had not thought about used, but that seems like the way to go. Even if it stinks, it's only $10.
nabsltd is offline   Reply With Quote