Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old 12-17-2022, 07:19 PM   #1
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
Does anyone here own both the Sage and the Elipsa?

I have the Sage and thought about the Elipa also. I am a weirdo for buying both? Which one do you like best if you own them both. Thanks.
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 03:45 AM   #2
jiminrussell
JimInRussell
jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.jiminrussell is at one with the great books of the world.

Device: kobo Aura One, Forma, Elipsa, Sage
I have both and use the Sage far more than the Elipsa. The Elipsa is too heavy to use for reading unless I am at my desk. Before I retired I used the Elipsa more often for reading work related PDFs and note taking.
jiminrussell is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-18-2022, 05:25 AM   #3
Quoth
the rook, bossing Never.
Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Quoth ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: All 4 Kinds: epub eink, Kindle, android eink, NxtPaper11
I only use the Elipsa for PDFs. My eyesight isn't sharp enough for larger than 8" PDFs on the Sage.

Almost all my reading of epubs and smaller PDFs (or PDFs with only larger print) is on the Sage. I sometimes read on phone or Y-Ben P47L (replacing Sony PRS-350) when out without Sage.

The Elipsa is a bit heavy to read an ebook for hours & I'd tend to have to make all the margins bigger to reduce field of view.

I find the Sage a better size for writing.

But I'd get a Mk2 Elipsa or larger Kobo sooner than a Kindle Scribe when they have 300 dpi or better, purely to proof PDFs for print.
Quoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-18-2022, 09:28 AM   #4
anacreon
Guru
anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.anacreon ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Elipsa, Sage
I have both Sage and Elipsa, and recently bought Libra 2 to take to the hospital and afterwards reeducation center, a month or so in all, where shiny things tend to get stolen.

I mostly use Sage, but 117 PDFs and 15 kepubs are only readable on the Elipsa: mostly because of page size, but for a number of books because of RAM (some books are unbearably slow on Sage, and some don't even open).
But for me Elipsa's biggest defect is the screen: 227 dpi is difficult to accept once one is used to 300 dpi. I also miss the buttons.

And Sage's biggest defect is the battery: 1200 mAh is ridiculous.

I've been reading exclusively on Libra 2 these past few days to see how it goes, and it is really pleasant. There are only 8 kepubs and 58 PDFs which I read on Sage and not Libra 2.

EDIT: I gave away the Clara - and Libra H2o, and would hate to return to 6".
anacreon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2022, 10:47 PM   #5
HLS
Wizard
HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.HLS ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sage, Scribe, Boox Note 2 Plus, iPad Pros and Samsungs S6,S7,S8
I was kind of a dumb ass I canceled my order and I purchased the newest iPad Pro, which was a ridiculous thing for me to do for I already own three other iPads LMAO
HLS is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 12-21-2022, 02:22 AM   #6
pickyaxe
Addict
pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.pickyaxe ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
I don't have a Sage, but I have a Forma and an Elipsa. Close enough.

Elipsa's size is just fantastic for me, and I can't go smaller anymore. Especially since nowadays the majority of what I Read is PDFs, comics and other "hard to reflow" formats.
pickyaxe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2022, 09:41 PM   #7
talaivan
Groupie
talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.talaivan ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Sony prs-505
I have both, use mainly the Elipsa. I like the size -- and without the case, it's quite light. The main defect of the Elipsa in my opinion is that its backlight is only bluish -- there is no option to add yellow to its hue as there is with the Sage. I don't use either for writing or marking up pdf's/epubs -- I use an iPad for that. One of the best features of the Kobo machines is the ability to load things from Dropbox. Also, when you mark up pdf's that are in Dropbox, the changes are saved there.
talaivan is offline   Reply With Quote