Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old Yesterday, 08:12 PM   #1
jkrzok
Connoisseur
jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.jkrzok ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Clara HD, Aura One, Voyage, Oasis 1 & 2, Many others getting dusty.
Calibre won't communicate with Nook BNRV1300

Like the title says, calibre gives me an error communicating with device every time. These are the details:

calibre, version 7.15.100
ERROR: Error: Error communicating with device

Failed to create the folder: NOOK in ('Internal shared storage',) with error: C:\r\src\src\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\content_e numeration.cpp:619:Failed to create folder:[hr=0x80004005 wCode=0] Unspecified error

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 412, in create_folder
wpd.WPDError: C:\r\src\src\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\content_e numeration.cpp:619:Failed to create folder:[hr=0x80004005 wCode=0] Unspecified error

The above exception was the direct cause of the following exception:

Traceback (most recent call last):
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 112, in run
File "calibre\gui2\device.py", line 566, in _books
File "calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 267, in books
File "calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 240, in get_driveinfo
File "calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 230, in _update_drive_info
File "calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 199, in put_calibre_file
File "calibre\devices\mtp\driver.py", line 452, in ensure_parent
File "calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 37, in check_thread
File "calibre\devices\mtp\windows\driver.py", line 414, in create_folder
OSError: Failed to create the folder: NOOK in ('Internal shared storage',) with error: C:\r\src\src\calibre\devices\mtp\windows\content_e numeration.cpp:619:Failed to create folder:[hr=0x80004005 wCode=0] Unspecified error

I've tried rebooting and updating both devices. I've gone through multiple cables and ports. Windows sees the Nook just fine and I can transfer files to/from it with no issues. Any suggestions?
jkrzok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:02 AM   #2
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
Does the folder NOOK exist on the device? Try deleting and/or recreating it.
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert