Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 06-28-2024, 03:33 PM   #1
AlSidre
AlSidre began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Libra 2
False Value Errors After Database Restoration - Need Expert Help!

Hey everyone, I really need your help.

My laptop died recently, but luckily, I had backups of almost everything. Now I have to re-set up my library, and it’s proving to be a real pain. The import seemed fine at first, but soon after, several files turned out to be duplicates. I'm glad I added them, because half of the duplicate files had a false value error.

I used search to remove the corrupted files, but now every single file in my library is giving me the same false value error. Does anyone know what I did wrong?

Initially, I thought the data on my external hard drive might be corrupted, but 50% of the files worked, at least at first. I also updated my version of Calibre, but that never caused problems before, so I’m at a loss. I’ve used Calibre for a while, and even after changing laptops, I never had issues like this.

My use of Calibre is pretty surface-level. Can someone with more knowledge help me figure out where I went wrong? I'm at my wit's end.

I apologize for rambling and any mistakes in the post. English isn't my first language, and I am operating on 4 hours of sleep and far too much coffee.*
AlSidre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-28-2024, 04:55 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A

Always pull the Drive from the dead laptop / computer
1) If nothing else, SECURITY of your data
2) If the drive is still good, a simple USB drive cloning cable could allow you to transfer files/folders (assumes drive is woik'n

Laptop version
https://www.amazon.com/Adapter-Cable...65&sr=8-3&th=1
There are multi-drive styles if you might want in the future
Mine has been used many times change to SSD, enlarge the HD (or jus do an emergency clone on one popping warning it was not happy. 2thumbsup
(caught in time)
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert