Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 10-18-2020, 07:40 PM   #1
danieljohn
danieljohn began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle
Thumbs up removing series info from title field when importing to kindle from calibre

Hi,

I'm new to using Calibre and transferring some books to my Kindle (10th generation)
I have some titles with Series information which is converting into the mail title when it is sent to my Kindle from Calibre.

I just want my books to show as TITLE AUTHOR
but they all show as SERIES SERIES NUMBER TITLE AUTHOR

I've tried looking through posts here, but I'm totally lost with all the settings available - I'm not even sure where to start, but I'm sure this is a simple setting I'm just missing?

Most of the posts here are people wanting to ADD series information, but I'm wanting to remove mine (and just going to manually deal with adding titles into the kindle's own 'collections' once everything is transferred correctly.
danieljohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 02:47 PM   #2
Ted Friesen
Nameless Being

In Calibre go to Preferences, then under Import/Export choose Metadata plugboards. There you can create or edit a template of how files are presented when sent to your device. This is what I have, because I want the series to be a part of the info shown on my Kindle.

format: mobi
device: Kindle2
template:{series}{series_index:0>2s| - | - }{title}
destination field: title
Advert
Old 10-20-2020, 05:58 PM   #3
danieljohn

aaah! Perfect. Thank you! I had been looking at another template setting but not that one.

Thank you ... I think I'll try to get to grips with the app more before I tackle Collections(!)
Old 10-20-2020, 06:53 PM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieljohn View Post
aaah! Perfect. Thank you! I had been looking at another template setting but not that one.

Thank you ... I think I'll try to get to grips with the app more before I tackle Collections(!)
You cannot use Calibre to create collections on your Kindle. Kindles have access to the system locked down so Calibre cannot access it to create collections.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-20-2020, 07:22 PM   #5
danieljohn

oh no

I remember using Calibre a loonnnng time ago, and thought there was a kindle collection plug in for calibre I had to use to sort out collections.
Is this something new Kindle have locked down?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSWolf View Post
You cannot use Calibre to create collections on your Kindle. Kindles have access to the system locked down so Calibre cannot access it to create collections.
Advert
Old 10-20-2020, 09:45 PM   #6
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by danieljohn View Post
oh no

I remember using Calibre a loonnnng time ago, and thought there was a kindle collection plug in for calibre I had to use to sort out collections.
Is this something new Kindle have locked down?
Yep! I think 5th Gen (K4) was the last it was fully usable.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote