Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Kobo Reader

Notices

Old Today, 07:06 AM   #1
Denodan1
Connoisseur
Denodan1 began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis 3
Why are their 3x more reviews fir the Libra colour, 6" underated

I got the Clara colour, instead of the Libra. Here is why.

Clara lighter, more evenly balanced. As it's symmetrical thd balance is more even. Easier to read on the go as will practically go in your pocket. More comfy to read with in my opinion.

So why is, I believe underrated as the Libra reviews far outweigh the Clara

Another reason I choose the Clara is the Libra is $100 more and don't think thd $100 more is worth it, just for buttons alone, or a slightly bigger screen.

To make real use need tyd stylus adding a lot more to the price.

Asymmetrical readers, and not as comfy and know this fact after owning an oasis and found the 7" bulky compared to the Clara, and in no way miss the buttons.

Also have the paperwhite 11th Gen 6.8" and far heavier, as covers also all weight, and find I enjoy my Clara better.

As the Libra is bigger, means the cover will make things even heavier with the cover.

Sure with, using a cover with the Clara, it's still adding weight, but as it's smaller, so still will weigh less.

I just don't get why for so many the Clara is swept under the rug, or seen as low quality or second rate?

Sure the Libra has some nice features, but what it has think it's less value for the money.

Has drop box and google drive, so what. Can transfer books without usb from Cailbre, using the connect, search tab and can go through the Clara web browser, abd did not find buttons on Oasis a necessity at all.

Just don't get it as the Clara is still great to own
Denodan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:15 AM   #2
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra 2, Kobo Aura H2O, PRS-650, PRS-T1, nook STR, PW3
Because more people want a larger screen for color. So the Libra Colour sells more.

As to some of your reasoning for the Clara Colour, I disagree,

I've not held the Clara Colour, but it may be too light as I find the Libra 2 a good weight.

The Libra 2 is very easy to take out and about. Not fitting in most pockets is good as I've read of a lot of Readers getting broken when in a pocket.

As to whether you like the Libra 2 design or the Kobo Aura H2O design better is a personal choice. I'm OK with either.

The problem with the Clara is the size. You have a color Reader and you want to read color content. If that's in the form of comics, you want a larger screen.

The Clara BW is the best version of the Clara as it's better for reading text then the Clara Coulor.

Last edited by JSWolf; Today at 07:21 AM.
JSWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 07:28 AM   #3
Denodan1
Connoisseur

I read comics fine on my Clara. Sure a bigger screen is better fir comics, but the 7" is not ideal there either. But can and do read comics on my Clara
Old Today, 07:30 AM   #4
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon
JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.JSWolf ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denodan1 View Post
I read comics fine on my Clara. Sure a bigger screen is better fir comics, but the 7" is not ideal there either. But can and do read comics on my Clara
While 7" may not be ideal for comics, it's better then 6".
Old Today, 07:42 AM   #5
Denodan1
Connoisseur

I don't care. The 6" is better to hold and much lighter. Everything have compromises. The tradeoff is smaller, but better portability, better reading experience I find, certainly feels miles better and comfy compared to my paperwhite and find not swapping hands like rhe paperwhite as the clara is so light feels like nothing in your hand, also has a longer battery life. So it's about compromise, and find it a joy to use compared to my paper-white 6.8" 11th Gen screen. So yes used to 7" screen, have had an earlier boox also, 7" screen. Personally don't miss a 7" screen as the 6" makes up for it, less bulky
Advert
Old Today, 07:47 AM   #6
JSWolf
Resident Curmudgeon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denodan1 View Post
I don't care. The 6" is better to hold and much lighter. Everything have compromises. The tradeoff is smaller, but better portability, better reading experience I find, certainly feels miles better and comfy compared to my paperwhite and find not swapping hands like rhe paperwhite as the clara is so light feels like nothing in your hand, also has a longer battery life. So it's about compromise, and find it a joy to use compared to my paper-white 6.8" 11th Gen screen. So yes used to 7" screen, have had an earlier boox also, 7" screen. Personally don't miss a 7" screen as the 6" makes up for it, less bulky
I disagree on better portability. I've had some 6" Readers that were heavier then the Libra 2. Also, I don't find a 6" reader any more easy to carry around then the Libra 2. Also, I have carried around a 6.8" Aura H2O long before I had the Libra 2.

As for better reading experience, I disagree. while 6" is OK, I find the 6.8"/7" to be a better reading experience.

I have an origami cover for my Libra 2. I was on a bus recently and I was able to put down the tray and use the cover as a stand. quite well. It was the first time I've done any real reading with the cover as a stand. The touch screen made it much easier then the buttons when on the stand.