Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Amazon Kindle

Notices

Old Today, 02:36 PM   #1
davedeacon
Enthusiast
davedeacon began at the beginning.

Device: Paperwhite Kindle 5 11th gen 2021
Kindle Paperwhite 5.16.10.0.1 is out (plus a question)

Apparantly it has:

"Your Lists update: Your Reading Lists is now Your Lists. Your Lists now shows your saved books from your Amazon lists. To find your samples, use the Samples filter in your Library."

To be honest, I get the updates but I have pretty simple requirements: read the book I just copied onto the kindle, or search for the title then click. I couldn't tell you it was different to before.

What I thought was odd though was that I did the OTA update, which involves a reboot as always, then it came back up. I turned on airplane mode (to save battery) and read for a bit, then left it to do something else. But it was on the table next to my laptop and I noticed that as soon as the screensaver kicked in it immediately did another reboot. I can't think why, nor what would have triggered it. Does this update require two reboots? It grabbed a message from the server just before I turned off wifi? Anyone else seen this before?

Last edited by davedeacon; Today at 02:42 PM.
davedeacon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 03:37 PM   #2
nemiya
nemiya began at the beginning.

Device: kindle paperwhite 11th
My kindle 2022 got updated. I didn't see anything new but since then I can't see the chapter reading progress (it's not available for side loaded books since the update)
nemiya is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert