Notices

Old 07-07-2021, 02:16 PM   #1
computercapi
computercapi began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3 Pro
Pocketbook Inkpad 3 Pro firmware update fails

When I try to update my ebook reader to the latest firmware, I get the error :

MD5 sum mismatch

The reader cannot be used to read ebooks...
I contacted the support, but they don't answer.

What can I do ????
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_5583.jpg
Views:	517
Size:	445.7 KB
ID:	188073  
computercapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2021, 01:42 PM   #2
kutusov
Enthusiast
kutusov began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3 Pro; Kobo Libra 2
Have you tried a factory reset and a new update after that?
kutusov is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-08-2021, 03:18 PM   #3
computercapi
computercapi began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Inkpad 3 Pro
Quote:
Originally Posted by kutusov View Post
Have you tried a factory reset and a new update after that?
I cannot open the Settings app anymore...
What can I do ?
computercapi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2021, 11:24 PM   #4
ps67
Guru
ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.ps67 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite, Kobo Elipsa, Pocketbook Color PB633, Inkpad Color
See if it can help:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tYZkDtq2KQQ
ps67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2021, 06:33 AM   #5
wold
Zealot
wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.wold knows better than to ask about the Gravitic Imploder Lance.

Device: Lux 5, Libra 2, PRS-T2N
Else try to find and delete the firmware update file.

When manually updating, it's a *.bin file (swupdate.bin IIRC) copied to root.
Hopefully the automatic download works the same way.

update: on second thought, is it stuck in a 'boot loop'? That would preclude the above.
An extreme solution, it to extract the internal sd card, mount it and try the above.
It's likely formatted as ext3. Try at your own risk though.

Last edited by wold; 07-10-2021 at 06:55 AM. Reason: added update
wold is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 07-20-2021, 12:28 PM   #6
kekinash
kekinash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kekinash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kekinash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kekinash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kekinash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kekinash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kekinash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kekinash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kekinash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kekinash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kekinash ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Boox Leaf2, Kobo Sage, Kindle PW (last generation)
Unfortunately I found by the hard way that when the InkPad 3 Pro is in a loop or failed boot, there's not way or key combination to hard reset it. The only way is careful open it and disconnect the battery, so it will restart by itself, delete damaged firmware file from the InkPad and let it to update itself.
I wish the guys at PocketBook will provide their devices with a hard reset option using a key combination or similar.
kekinash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2022, 04:03 AM   #7
ondrian
ondrian began at the beginning.

Device: PocketBook Inkpad 3
I have exactly the same problem after an automatic firmware update via Wifi.

I tried updating from SD card as well as to unplug the battery to reset the device. No luck so far.

Did anyone manage to solve the issue?
ondrian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2022, 07:03 AM   #8
nhedgehog
Guru
nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.nhedgehog ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: EnergySistemEreaderPro, Nook STG, Pocketbook 622, Bookeen Cybooks ...
Quote:
Originally Posted by kekinash View Post
Unfortunately I found by the hard way that when the InkPad 3 Pro is in a loop or failed boot, there's not way or key combination to hard reset it. The only way is careful open it and disconnect the battery, so it will restart by itself, delete damaged firmware file from the InkPad and let it to update itself.
I wish the guys at PocketBook will provide their devices with a hard reset option using a key combination or similar.
Longpressing Power button switches the device off.
nhedgehog is offline   Reply With Quote