Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 01-25-2018, 05:21 AM   #1
DeBig
DeBig began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Export an author list

Hello,
Is there any way to export an author list ? I would like a two column file (maybe a .csv) similar to the table we obtain by managing an author in Calibre. Such a list cannot easily be derived from a book catalog because most entries have multiple authors.
I need it because the authors names in my Calibre data base are without errors, normalized under only one form, and i want write a preprocessing module to correct new entries.authors
DeBig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 12:42 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
SQLlite spy: authors table
Just don't change anything you see there.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 01-25-2018, 12:51 PM   #3
kovidgoyal
creator of calibre
kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.kovidgoyal ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Various
At a terminal/command prompt

Code:
calibre-debug -c "from calibre.library import db; db = db().new_api; print('\n'.join(db.all_field_names('authors')))" > authors.txt
Authors will be in authors.txt
kovidgoyal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2018, 01:48 PM   #4
DaltonST
Deviser
DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.DaltonST ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Yes, easily. See the attached. It can do for any metadata value what you wish for authors. JS+ is the acronym for the "Job Spy" toolbox having (currently) 43 tools. https://www.mobileread.com/forums/sh...d.php?t=269911

The .csv file has 2 columns, the first being the "count", and the second being the chosen metadata column value having that count.

DaltonST
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	js_visualize_metadata_with_export_to_csv_option.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	707.0 KB
ID:	161814  
DaltonST is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2018, 07:48 AM   #5
DeBig
DeBig began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo Aura
Thanks

Thank you for your answers !

SQLlitespy is the exact solution for me : csv table with author name and author_sort. And thank you for introducing me to SQLlitespy (shame on me ).

The Kovid python code outputs only author name without author_sort, and I am unable to expand it (shame on me ).

And I didn't know the beautiful JS+ (shame on me ) - but how to select author_sort ?
DeBig is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 08:14 AM   #6
baursak
Connoisseur
baursak began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (2021) Signature Edition
Quote:
Originally Posted by kovidgoyal View Post
At a terminal/command prompt

Code:
calibre-debug -c "from calibre.library import db; db = db().new_api; print('\n'.join(db.all_field_names('authors')))" > authors.txt
Authors will be in authors.txt
When I use 'author_sort' instead of 'authors' - it will not work

No way to output list in LNFN format?
baursak is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
author catalog, exporting files