Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Devices

Notices

Old 08-07-2013, 10:07 AM   #1
JeffGeorge
Connoisseur
JeffGeorge began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
Purchased Books From Nook?

Is this possible? Can I add items on my Nook ST that were purchased from Barnes & Noble to my calibre library?
JeffGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:31 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffGeorge View Post
Is this possible? Can I add items on my Nook ST that were purchased from Barnes & Noble to my calibre library?
No, You need to download them directly to the PC from the store.
Liberation is not required for simple management (no file changes) for Calibre to send to a registered device.
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 08-07-2013, 10:36 AM   #3
JeffGeorge
Connoisseur
JeffGeorge began at the beginning.

Device: Kobo
So, to make sure I understand: if I download the purchased B&N item directly to my PC then calibre will be able to put it in my library and I could read it from calibre? I simply can't transfer the DRM item to or from the Nook with calibre?
JeffGeorge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:39 AM   #4
AnemicOak
Bookaholic
AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.AnemicOak ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: iPad Mini 4, AuraHD, iPhone XR +
Quote:
Originally Posted by JeffGeorge View Post
So, to make sure I understand: if I download the purchased B&N item directly to my PC then calibre will be able to put it in my library and I could read it from calibre? I simply can't transfer the DRM item to or from the Nook with calibre?
If the book is DRM'd you won't be able to read it using Calibre's reader/viewer. Reading DRM'd books from B&N on a PC would require using Nook for PC. Calibre should transfer DRM'd books to the Nook just fine.
AnemicOak is offline   Reply With Quote