Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-07-2014, 10:36 PM   #1
LadyKate
Fanatic
LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android 4 (samsung tablet and asus tablet)
Has anyone found a good method of adding a note to an author?

I want to add a note to an author about missing books. I was wondering if there was a good way to do this.

Hummm. As I write this I wonder how much work it would be to add a "note" field as well as the "Link" that exists for authors already.

Would be great if I could figure out how to set the link to goodreads instead of the wikipedia link lol.
LadyKate is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-2014, 02:31 AM   #2
BetterRed
null operator (he/him)
BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.BetterRed ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: none
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyKate View Post
I want to add a note to an author about missing books. I was wondering if there was a good way to do this.

Hummm. As I write this I wonder how much work it would be to add a "note" field as well as the "Link" that exists for authors already.

Would be great if I could figure out how to set the link to goodreads instead of the wikipedia link lol.
@LadyKate - you can put a link to a folder or file into the link field - AFAIK it has to be like this

Code:
file:///D:/Calibre%20Libraries/_TestInfo/AuthorInfo/Anat%20Admati/
When I click on Anat Admati in the Book Details panel I get what you see in the attachment. BTW that's NOT the calibre library itself, its a sparse clone of the library folder structure (not book numbers)

You can replace the default Wikipedia link with a Goodreads link in Preferences->Look and Feel->Book Details

BR
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Capture.JPG
Views:	150
Size:	71.4 KB
ID:	130757  
BetterRed is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-15-2014, 01:11 PM   #3
LadyKate
Fanatic
LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.LadyKate ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: android 4 (samsung tablet and asus tablet)
I've added the occasional link but wondered if I had missed a plugin that would do the linking to say the fantastic fiction or goodreads author pages.

Wishful thinking I guess. That would be easy.

After floundering a bit I got:
https://www.goodreads.com/search?utf8=✓&query={author}

It brings me to a page of the authors books which is one click away from the author bio so much better than the wikipedia page which does not exist for so many authors.

Thank you so much!
LadyKate is offline   Reply With Quote