Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old Today, 11:57 AM   #1
d3m0sth3n3s
d3m0sth3n3s began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle DX, Kindle Paperwhite, and Kindle Scribe
Automatic title sort update when adding a foreign book

Hi! I know there is an option named Update title sort in the Edit metadata in bulk dialog that performs this exact operation, but I’d like to know whether it is possible to achieve this automatically AT BOOK IMPORT not just for English titles but for every other language defined in the tweak variable
Code:
per_language_title_sort_articles
d3m0sth3n3s is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 12:30 PM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
It doesn't?
Is the Language properly set at the Import time??

GIGO
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 01:08 PM   #3
d3m0sth3n3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
It doesn't?
Is the Language properly set at the Import time??
GIGO
No, it doesn’t for me. And I have tried in a fresh calibre installation within a virtual machine for testing purposes with the same result.

For example, I’ve got a book in ePub format with the following metadata fields defined in its content.opf file:
Code:
[…]
<dc:title>El libro de la selva (Ilustrado)</dc:title>
<dc:creator opf:file-as="Kipling, Rudyard" opf:role="aut">Rudyard Kipling</dc:creator>
<dc:language>es</dc:language>
[…]
Its title sort field is not automatically set as libro de la selva (Ilustrado), El, as it should be for a Spanish title. It is just left with the same value as the main title field, El libro de la selva (Ilustrado).
Old Today, 01:49 PM   #4
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
I wonder if this tweak info applies?
Quote:
ID: locale_for_sorting

Setting this tweak will force sorting to use the collating order for the specified language. This might be useful if you run calibre in English but want sorting to work in the language where you live. Set the tweak to the desired ISO 639-1 language code, in lower case. You can find the list of supported locales at https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_ISO_639-1_codes Default: locale_for_sorting = '' -- use the language calibre displays in Example: locale_for_sorting = 'fr' -- sort using French rules. Example: locale_for_sorting = 'nb' -- sort using Norwegian rules.
theducks is online now   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 05:08 PM   #5
d3m0sth3n3s

Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
I wonder if this tweak info applies?
No, this tweak variable does not apply to title sort when adding new books to calibre.
Advert