Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > PocketBook

Notices

Old Today, 09:53 AM   #1
gray123
gray123 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Verse pro
Pockbook Verse Pro and Koreader

I have just bought the Verse Pro.

Do i need to install koreader are there many benefits over the standard reader?
gray123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 10:02 AM   #2
Mr Avid
Mr Avid began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Oasis, Oasis 3
You don't need to. The standard reader is pretty good. If it works for your needs, might as well use it.

However, the koreader has more options if you need any of them. The good news is that it is easy to install if you decide you want it later.
Mr Avid is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 10:17 AM   #3
neil_swann80
neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.neil_swann80 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: PB632 [HD3]
Koreader is a superior reading experience IMHO. There are far more personalization/customization options.

There is a lot to learn, the amount of settings can seem overwhelming, but familiarize yourself with the menu options a few times and that quickly wears off.
neil_swann80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 11:10 AM   #4
gray123
gray123 began at the beginning.

Device: Pocketbook Verse pro
Thanks for the replies I will have a thin about it and see how i get on with the standard reader first
gray123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 02:58 PM   #5
church mouse
Evangelist
church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.church mouse ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Clara HD, Boox Poke 2, PocketBook Verse Pro (634)
In case it is of any interest, I can report that CoolReader version cr3-v0.0.6-17-62.1-pro5 (this is the last version I can find and dates back to 2018 - available at github.com/blchinezu/pocketbook-coolreader), does seem to work on the Verse Pro. So, that is another alternative, if you dislike the PB's own reader.

A couple of points on the CoolReader app:
1. Unlike Koreader, which will work as a standalone App on the Pocketbook, the only way to use CoolReader is to add cr3-pb.app to the extension.cfg choices within the Pocketbook config files. Once done, if one wishes to open a book using Coolreader one just long holds on the book cover in the library until the "Open With.." options pop up.

2. The default display skin for it is not good for the Verse Pro. Once in Coolreader go to Setting/Display setting/Skin/ and select pb631fw5 then restart Coolreader.

I only got my Verse Pro a couple of months ago, following the death on my jailbroken Kindle Voyage (running Koreader) and my experience to date has been that I generally prefer the way PB's own software (using the Epub3 option) presents the text, (I have altered the PB config file a bit for the margin sizes and dictionary font) but I really dislike that the only way I can see the clock and battery level in the reading page is to have the very large status bar showing. (I am not skilled enough to work out if there is any way of reducing the satus bar size).
church mouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert