Notices

Old 05-25-2009, 11:06 PM   #1
ojleblanc
Enthusiast
ojleblanc began at the beginning.

Device: iPhone/Sony Reader
Connect software crashing on Vista

Dear all,

The Sony Connect software consistently crashes when I attempt to browse the Reader. Whenever I click the little arrow next to the Reader that displays the major sections of the Reader (Books, Collections, etc.) the software crashes. I'm running Vista pre-installed on a tablet pc and the latest version of the Connect software (v. 2.5.00.09170). Any insight into this problem would be greatly appreciated because it prevents me from deleting items from the Reader's main memory or placing new content in Collections.

Many thanks.

-ojleblanc

P.S. I hope this is a fresh question; I ran a search on this forum but didn't find this particular issue.
ojleblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 12:36 PM   #2
deavod
deavod began at the beginning.

Device: PRS 505
Hmm. I have Vista SP1 + v2.5.01.10170 and no problems at all. Maybe download the latest version and try?

Edit. FWIW, I am running the same version on Windows 7 build 7100 with no problems.
deavod is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-15-2009, 02:54 PM   #3
ojleblanc
Enthusiast

Thanks for the response. I'll look for updates and give it a try. Hopefully it will work, as this problem is quite frustrating. Will report back.
Old 06-16-2009, 06:55 PM   #4
Penforhire
Wizard
Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.Penforhire ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle Voyage & iPhone 7+
Is it Vista 64 bit? Sony tells us we're out of luck using 64 bit Vista, at least as of some months ago.
Penforhire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2009, 01:28 PM   #5
cigarjockey
cigarjockey began at the beginning.

Device: PRS-505
Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
Is it Vista 64 bit? Sony tells us we're out of luck using 64 bit Vista, at least as of some months ago.
So that's why I have to use my old xp laptop instead of my wife's 64 bit Vista.
cigarjockey is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-30-2009, 11:11 AM   #6
ojleblanc
Enthusiast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penforhire View Post
No, it's not. But deavod was right. I needed to install the latest Vista updates. Now, Connect is working fine.

Thanks all for your replies!