Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old 11-26-2020, 06:11 PM   #1
rnbwpnt
rnbwpnt began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Question Deleting Duplicate Formats

Calibre 5.5 (on Kubuntu), with a library over 23k books in size.

I'd like to delete duplicate formats of individual books, on a priority basis. For example, I'd like to specify that formats be kept in this order:

1. azw
2. mobi
3. epub
4. lit
5. pdf
6. doc/docx
7. html

Because not every format exists in every book, or is convertible, I'd like to use the above priority for deciding what to fry and what to keep.

Is there a decent way to do this? Is there a particular search term I should try? Most of what I see is deleting duplicate books, or a mass delete of all of a particular format, both of which aren't what I need.

Thanks!
rnbwpnt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2020, 07:14 PM   #2
capink
Wizard
capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.capink ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kindle
First of all backup your library before trying this solution in case something goes wrong.

You cannot do it in one step. The best way is to start by looking for books with you first priority format i.e azw (or maybe you mean azw3) by using this search

Code:
formats:azw
Now, select all the books, and right click > remove books > remove files of specific formats from selected books > choose all formats except you preferred format.

Repeat the above for your other priority formats in order. That should work because when you search for books containing mobi, you will not get any books containing azw because these books have already been reduced to one format.
capink is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 11-26-2020, 08:54 PM   #3
rnbwpnt
rnbwpnt began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite
Excellent. Thanks so much! Saved me about 5 gig, which isn't a lot in context, but every bit helps.
rnbwpnt is offline   Reply With Quote