Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Software > Calibre > Library Management

Notices

Old Today, 06:30 AM   #1
judsal
judsal began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (10th Generation)
Library Problem (Mac M1 Pro)

Hi,

I've been a Calibre user for awhile now and I have been having problems with my library. I moved the library to a new local folder on my Mac. After creating a new library from this location, I had to restore database almost everytime I opened Calibre.

I just opened it and there's only one book in my library. When I click Switch/Create Library... and then choose my folder it says "There is no existing calibre library at /CalibreLibrary."

I can still see all my book folders with files inside in my folder. There are also 3 metadata files:

1) metadata [conflicted].db
2) metadata_db_prefs_backup.json
3) metadata_pre_restore.db

What should I do?
judsal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old Today, 07:24 AM   #2
theducks
Well trained by Cats
theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.theducks ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Kobo Libra2,Kobo Aura2v1, K4NT(Fixed: New Bat.), Galaxy Tab A
Is that your Library name, Because Calibre Library is the default name (note space)?

BTW The full command is
Switch/create Library: USE EXISTING:<selection>
theducks is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old Today, 08:14 AM   #3
judsal
judsal began at the beginning.

Device: Kindle Paperwhite (10th Generation)
Quote:
Originally Posted by theducks View Post
Is that your Library name, Because Calibre Library is the default name (note space)?

BTW The full command is
Switch/create Library: USE EXISTING:<selection>
Yes, that's my library name.

path/to/library/CalibreLibrary
judsal is offline   Reply With Quote