Register Guidelines E-Books Today's Posts Search

Go Back   MobileRead Forums > E-Book Readers > Android Devices > enTourage eDGe

Notices

Old 06-04-2011, 07:57 PM   #1
tigerszheng
Enthusiast
tigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheese

Device: 800sg
how to change the font size in pdf file?

when I open the pdf file, the font size is always small, and if I use zoom button, it will zoom the font size, but it's only a little bit, and will miss some word in the beginning and end of sentence. change the preference in the reader setting is no effort.

But open the epub file is different story, it runs very well to the size I want and no missing any words.

Any recommendation?

All the best!
tigerszheng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 08:26 PM   #2
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Change the screen orientation of the reader to Landscape.

ezPDF Reader does an excellent job of resizing PDFs on the tablet side (in either Portrait or Landscape) by double tapping, and then pulling up the Menu and select Fitting to Text Column and Lock Horizontal Scroll. PDFs cover about 90% of the screen and are very readable. In fact, ezPDF will even read the PDF to you if the Pico Language Pack is installed. ezPDF Reader is one of the best Apps I have used. Here are some links in case you are interested.

ezPDF Reader http://www.forum-bec.com/f244/ezpdf-...android-37856/ FileSonic, select Slow Download.

Android PICO Installer Language Pack (Not an App. Works with other Apps like ezPDF reader).

*** Download using your device ***
http://areacellphone.com/2010/01/dow...age-installer/

Download via PC: http://www.1mobile.com/pico-tts-lang...oid-62221.html Select Samsung S8000 (doesn't matter), Download, Transfer, Install.

Last edited by obsessed2; 06-04-2011 at 08:29 PM.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Advert
Old 06-04-2011, 08:31 PM   #3
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
Try pressing View(at least I think its view, it may be another menu item though) and then Re-flow, it doesn't work for every pdf file but for the ones it works for it will make them display more like an epub. If the pdf you are viewing doesn't support the re-flow option I'm not sure there is anything you can do, though someone else might know more...
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2011, 09:49 PM   #4
tigerszheng
Enthusiast
tigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheesetigerszheng can extract oil from cheese

Thanks.

But this one I think it will display content on lcd screen side not on eink screen side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by obsessed2 View Post
Change the screen orientation of the reader to Landscape.

ezPDF Reader does an excellent job of resizing PDFs on the tablet side (in either Portrait or Landscape) by double tapping, and then pulling up the Menu and select Fitting to Text Column and Lock Horizontal Scroll. PDFs cover about 90% of the screen and are very readable. In fact, ezPDF will even read the PDF to you if the Pico Language Pack is installed. ezPDF Reader is one of the best Apps I have used. Here are some links in case you are interested.

ezPDF Reader http://www.forum-bec.com/f244/ezpdf-...android-37856/ FileSonic, select Slow Download.

Android PICO Installer Language Pack (Not an App. Works with other Apps like ezPDF reader).

*** Download using your device ***
http://areacellphone.com/2010/01/dow...age-installer/

Download via PC: http://www.1mobile.com/pico-tts-lang...oid-62221.html Select Samsung S8000 (doesn't matter), Download, Transfer, Install.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:51 PM   #5
tigerszheng
Enthusiast

Thanks.

That's the one. I used to press zoom button to do zoom function, and not think about any other menu item on it.

Yes, it reflow the font very well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emusan View Post
Try pressing View(at least I think its view, it may be another menu item though) and then Re-flow, it doesn't work for every pdf file but for the ones it works for it will make them display more like an epub. If the pdf you are viewing doesn't support the re-flow option I'm not sure there is anything you can do, though someone else might know more...
Advert
Old 06-04-2011, 11:16 PM   #6
emusan
lol
emusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheeseemusan can extract oil from cheese

Device: eDGe
It's okay, its kind of a hidden feature . I hope you enjoy your eDGe!
emusan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2011, 05:56 AM   #7
tigerszheng
Enthusiast

now my daughter love it, since I used it to connect my NAS at home(other ebook read lack of), and read the books at eink side. Now she sit at her table to learn how to draw animal. the drawback is the short time of battery. and other is I should by the edge not pocket edge, but anyway it's good at moment.
Old 06-05-2011, 10:47 AM   #8
obsessed2
Wizard
obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.obsessed2 ought to be getting tired of karma fortunes by now.

Device: Pocket Edge X 2 , Edge, gTab, Kindle Fire, Nextbook 7S
Quote:
Originally Posted by tigerszheng View Post
Thanks.

But this one I think it will display content on lcd screen side not on eink screen side.

I too prefer to read PDFs on the e-Ink side but , the PDF reflow works good for some PDFs but not others. That's where ezPDF comes in. Enjoy your Edge.
obsessed2 is offline   Reply With Quote